Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2001, 12:06 AM   #1
chinese noodle
Manshoon

SPOILER, KIND OF-
.ok, so no you cant kill any creature in the game with this, but all the hard ones that talk to you before the kill ie the lich in the city gates district and the shadow dragon, ok so here what you do , so lets say im trying to kill that lich in the city gates district- save out side the room then go in with all your characters, then at the very end of the loading screen, before the room has come up press pause, then once it is in the room it will be paused and the lich wont have talked to you yet, the tell youre weakest character to talk to the lich, while you tell everyone else to attack it, but heres the thing
DO NOT ACTUALLY TALK TO IT just as soon as you start to walk towards him, stop turn around walk away then press talk again keep repeating till the lich is dead, talk, turn around walk away then press talk again, it works because the lich will be waiting for your character to talk to it, while your other guys are beatin the crap out of it!!
press talk every 5 secs or so but never actually talk to him, this works ith the shadow dragon as well, just before he can talk to you, pause and press talk.
these are the only big hard bad guys that i have tried it on but it works with ALL monsters that will talk to before they attack you!
every one!!

------------------
:drowndead:
Old 10-16-2001, 12:13 AM   #2
StarVid
Elminster

could I get that with extra cheese?
Old 10-16-2001, 12:24 AM   #3
chinese noodle
Manshoon

this is so cool i have to bounce it so everyone sees it!
Old 10-16-2001, 12:58 AM   #4
chinese noodle
Manshoon

bounce goddamit
Old 10-16-2001, 01:26 AM   #5
Debaser

that's an interesting but crazy thing.
i would probably wince to myself even doing that...but maybe i'll think about it.
Old 10-16-2001, 01:54 AM   #6
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

"Well that's another bug for Baldurdash to fix..."
Old 10-16-2001, 02:18 AM   #7
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

It works with golems aswell. The only two times it doesn't work is when facing Kangaxx because he will not get to his demi-lich form and with the last dragon in Suldanessalar because you will kill it but not recieve the cup.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 10-16-2001, 02:31 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is a really old cheese tactic that no longer works when you get ToB. Scripting for those creatures have been changed so they no longer have to complete their dialogues if you are beating the crap out of them. Even summoning a skeleton will make them turn hostile now.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 09:36 AM   #9
mitsos

Yeah, Memnoch's right, when I faced the dragon in the level 3 of Watcher's Keep, he turned hostile when I cast Bless to my party!!! Really good !!

Old 10-16-2001, 09:42 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Nevertheless, I beat the crap out of anyone still... Edwin was really a damn asset to my squad

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.