Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2002, 12:09 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Ok, does ti ever end? I'm on 182 days so far, have passed most of the quests in Chapter 2, and I don't want to lose my guild! Does the paying ever stop at one point!?

I mean, stongholds are a great place to store items. (Especially the supposedly-rare magic items, you are an adventurer after all!) That's why I don't want to lose my theif guild hall, but I know it'll take me more than one week to finish the other chapters after chapter 3, which is a problem because if I don't pay, I guess I lose the guildhall...
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
Helspanth
Quintesson

The paying never stops.You just keep paying your dues to the bloodscalp.
However you can go freely since the stronghold quests and timers freeze once you get to chapter 4.
Therefore go without fear!
Old 01-28-2002, 04:21 PM   #3
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:
However you can go freely since the stronghold quests and timers freeze once you get to chapter 4.

Thanks!

<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 01-28-2002, 04:36 PM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:

Are you sure? Every time I go off to the asylum I lose my stronghold.... [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2002, 05:04 PM   #5
Helspanth
Quintesson

Pay your dues just before you leave for Spellhold.Enter the asylum quickly and then get to the underdark.In the underdark stronghold quests freeze for sure.I never lost mine anyway
Old 01-29-2002, 06:02 AM   #6
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

it doesnt matter if you lose it. you can always pay renal a fee (4k i think, no big deal after chap3), assuming you didnt side with the vampires originally.
Old 01-29-2002, 06:22 AM   #7
Barlik Longbeard
Manshoon

When you need the Guild for the last time :

SPOILER
when you fight Bhodi for the last time to get the lantern for Suldanesselar, go back to the thief guild and kill all the guys there and take their stuff, cuz some of it is very good for a thief. And it doesn't matter when you kill them and you are good because morally they are evil!
Old 01-29-2002, 06:23 AM   #8
eb
Manshoon

Hmm why store all the rare-magic items in your stronghold?

I always keeping my items in a bookshelf in the Adventure´s Mart.

Just fine with me... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2002, 03:40 PM   #9
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Barlik Longbeard:
When you need the Guild for the last time :

SPOILER
when you fight Bhodi for the last time to get the lantern for Suldanesselar, go back to the thief guild and kill all the guys there and take their stuff, cuz some of it is very good for a thief. And it doesn't matter when you kill them and you are good because morally they are evil!

I couldn't do that, I love all of my theives for some reason, even Varia, though a bitch she be at times...