Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-05-2000, 04:15 AM   #1
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Firstly id just like to say that the end cutscene was alot better than the intro but im still considering whether it was better than the bg1 intro. I just want a few things cleared up, Irenicus stole ur soul right?? Elisime tells you, when u "wake up from death" so to speak, that she and her mages couldnt get ur soul back or somthing, is this correct? If it is, wont u die qwickly or sumthing, i didnt really understand the the stealing of the soul and al that junk too much so if u know more about it can u plz explain it to me a bit better, thanx.

One more thing, were the ppl in the room at the end cowled wizards or does their identity remain secret 4 now??
Old 11-05-2000, 05:16 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

++PRETTY MAJOR SPOIL COMING++

To summarize the story:

[*] Irenicus steals your soul.[*] You fight him and beat him but because he still had your soul he dragged you down into hell with him. you then have to make a set of choices to get to fight him again.[*] When you finally beat him for the final time it acts as your ticket out of hell and back into Faerun.[/list]
Meanwhile, while you were in hell:

[*] Ellesime tried to revive you but she couln't, resurrection etc didn't work because your soul was still in dispute.[*] But when you destroyed Irenicus you got your soul back so no, you won't die again [/list]
The ending clip is quite ambiguous...they could be Cowls, they could be Zhentarim from the Church of Cyric...did you get a good look at the Holy Symbol
Old 11-05-2000, 05:25 AM   #3
Armisael

I don't think they're the cowled fools. I guessed they were Zhentarim. If I might have a shot at predicting the coming plotline... Cyric, being the successor to Bhaal, sees how strong his spawn are becoming, and decides to strike first to avoid being usurped.
The only thing that goes against this is the fact that the symbol in the center of the table was clearly that of Bhaal, not Cyric. Perhaps Black Isle have been messing around with Faerun.

Old 11-05-2000, 08:51 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hey that's a good plotline for BG3, where you start to influence the composition of the Faerun pantheon. They could call it Baldur's Gate 3: The Coming of the Usurper or something like that. That would be pretty cool, facing maruts and other godlike heralds, lots more tanar'ri, rubbing shoulders with seriously high level company like Blackstaff, Manshoon, Fzoul and Elminster. Journeying across the planes a la Planescape. You'd be at such a high level that it would be the only real challenge wouldn't it. The Cyric plotline sounds good. Remember who killed Bhaal???
Old 11-05-2000, 09:23 AM   #5
Armisael

Yeah. There's a lot of talk about how they couldn't do a BG3, because there's not really anywhere to go with it, but that's complete bull. Personally I think they could build a sequel based on the protagonist's heritage, where s/he begins to have trouble preventing it from overcoming his/her willpower. S/he (this is getting annoying; damn political correctness) begins to catch the eye of some of the more reknown and powerful characters of Faerun, etc.

Old 11-05-2000, 06:07 PM   #6
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx for that, i understood it all exept when Ellisime told u that she couldnt get ur soul back. But now that u hav given me that clarification i understand it fully. As for a BG3, OF COURSE!! by looking at the ending they hav left it open for a third bg game. Unless of course they finish it off in the expanision, but i think the expansion will be set before you kill Irenicus when you enter hell, considering that was when the 'final save' was made. But i am almost positive that there will be a BG3, those ppl in the room at the end seemed pretty sure that our child of Bhaal would be stopped...