Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-27-2002, 10:05 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...10&t=001902&p=

the previous thread is here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=012681

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:06 AM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Did I make it. Wow I did.

[ 11-27-2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]
Old 11-27-2002, 10:08 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Hi guys, it's good to be back... and good to see the good old Cafe once again... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 10:09 AM   #4
SomeGuy
Unicorn

3rd post! Where's my 3rd post bagel!?

[ 11-27-2002, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-27-2002, 10:11 AM   #5
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

A new cafe? Fun So how are you Cloudy?
Old 11-27-2002, 10:12 AM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good morning, everyone. *Sigh*, have to go to work, now. See you later.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:14 AM   #7
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Hey! Cloudsy said there was going to be donuts,danish,and dancing!I want dancing! I'm going to start dancing right now. [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-27-2002, 10:18 AM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

woohoo
{edit} thought i had the first post... drat.

anywho mornin all, Hi Att, how's everyone doing today.

we got our first real snow of the season last night, about 2 inches, and it didn't stick to sidewalks or streets, just lawns, and other places.

RevRuby made caramel last night, and she's going to be making a banana and caramel pie for tomorrow.

Willow, it's not so much that I want to get out, I really enjoy the military lifestyle, but I'm tired of the constant stress and having to fear that my job is dependent on my waistline, I enjoy working out, and like looking good, but the Army's method of determining bodyfat (for men) is to measure the waist and neck and compute the resulting number with another factor determined by height, there are much more effective methods out there, but it's years away from moving to them. I've got enough technical skills and knowledge to get out and double my income (at a minimum) but I enjoy the comraderie, esprit de corps, and I like my job, and who I work with, but the other things have been going on for years now and I'm finally getting sick enough of it to say take this job and shove it (I still think I'll only recall the army with good thoughts however, as there is alot of positives)

[ 11-27-2002, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 11-27-2002, 10:21 AM   #9
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Good morning, everyone. *Sigh*, have to go to work, now. See you later.
Enjoy your day Att! [img]smile.gif[/img] Cya later!
Old 11-27-2002, 10:34 AM   #10
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

So...do I get a prize for the 9th post? [img]smile.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"