Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-09-2000, 11:23 AM   #1
Vision
Welcomed New User

Okay. At the temple of Isis, I've found
the Sacred Ash of Aphenas (or however that's
spelled), and placed it on an altar. I
did the same with the monkey bridge and the Idol of Kerah. A stone pillar raised from
the ground in that Kerah room, and now it's
stuck raised. I tried climbing on it before it got stuck and basically just drowned up there, unable to find anything.

I need a pointer or two. The only area I
seem to have missed is getting past that door, beyond the chasm with the fallen pillar in it. And of course making some sense of that stone pillar that raised into the ceiling.

I'm unable to access that 2nd sea with Bloodbeard, the hydra, and the desert, so
I'm assuming that one must clear the Isis temple first to get there.

Also stuck with Oakentree and the Leprechaun.
Maybe a tip for either, unless it's something I'll get by getting beyond Isis, where a simple "be patient" would suffice.

Thanks for the help.

-- Adam
Old 10-09-2000, 01:07 PM   #2
Vision
Welcomed New User

If you're following my saga, here's the result:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

W
A
R
N
I
N
G

Apparently there was a lever hidden somewhere in that underwater deathtrap, and now that the pillar is permanently up, I can no longer reach it. Taking the idol on and off the altar that activated the pillar in the first place has no effect on getting the pillar to move again, despite a voice-over message leading you to think the contrary.

The lever was needed to see the next area of the game.

My last save before this happened was four days ago, before any of the third town area. No thank you. Hopefully there's a patch sometime soon that fixes this.

Paying to beta-test...

-- Adam
Old 10-12-2000, 07:41 PM   #3
Philip

Understand and agree with your beta test remark (I love this game, but it is painfully obvious that some things just weren't tested thoroughly, if at all), but your last save was FOUR DAYS AGO??? I reload the game all the time (I do a lot of dumb things) and as a consequence save the game a LOT. Every time I do anything important or map a new section I save the game. Just before I put the figurine on the altar, naturally I saved the game. And yeah, at one point the pillar stopped moving and I had to reload. And I'm going to reload again, because even after making it thru, I find I am still missing something (like maybe Anephas' ashes).

Again, I sympathize, but you really should learn to save the game more often (IMHO).

Old 10-14-2000, 09:40 PM   #4
Casper

Remember that you can revert the game to the last time you left town. So even if you Did not save in 4 days hopefully you visited town. Also the damn leprecaun is driving me crazy to