Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-20-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Erm having Multi'd in a while so i thought id try it again tonight... i keep getting a message about sometyhing timeout, erm what does that mean? i cant rememebr it happening before...
Thanks for all your help,

Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 12:23 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ahhh well Gamespy can timeout but usually you just click retry and it will connect again.

I *think* you mean server timeout though and that usually is down to congestion/lag problems. You either are on too low a connection or the server itself is congested to a point where it lags you out.

It may be the server you're on has a bad connection, always check the 'ping' on the left hand corner of the server name as you see it on the gamespy list, the higher the ping number is, the slower the mod itself will be.

[ 04-21-2003, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 04-21-2003, 09:13 AM   #3
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

"GameSpy Time Out Error" is the message im given, and after retrying 10 times i kind of think its a waste of time...

Does this happen a lot or is it just my computer beign annoying and different to everyone elses by not letting me play?

Felix
Old 04-21-2003, 12:27 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It's abnormal but it could just be Gamespy acting up. Depends whether these '10 times' were all on the same day.

If not then try loggin into GS through your web browser and joining a game through there (it can be done) just to see if you get the same error. That way you can rule out if it's a problem with the in-game GS application.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:51 PM   #5
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

No the ten times were at serperate hourly intervals...of course they were at the same time, if it didnt work for ten days in a row im pretty sure i would have asked here by now dont you?
Erm sorry dont take that offensively its just im not having a good day and it kinda seemed obvious all ten times would be on the same day...
Old 04-22-2003, 02:06 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I understand however, your manner is uncalled for. I simply asked because people tend to jump to conclusions very quickly and since you did not specify exactly what you did and how you did it in you're previous posts I needed to make sure. In my experience of helping people out in forums alot of the time the simplest solution is the best and if you are seeking help here you would do well to spell things out clearly regardless of how mundane or 'obvious' the details.

Now, did you try logging on to GS through your browser i.e. downloading the software from www.fileplanet.com?
Old 04-22-2003, 08:54 AM   #7
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Last night no i didnt, and im sorry for the way i acted yesterday.
I think i might just leave it till the GameSpy think sorts itself out, it might just be a short term problem and im not all that fussed about playing online at this precise moment,
Thanks anyway,
Felix