Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2003, 11:46 AM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Here's a neat idea, Everyone make a room, just a room, or as many as you want, but just one should do, good/bad scripted/unscripted I don't care, just made a single room put a door in it somewhere or two, and then upload it to somewhere were it can be downloaded by everyone. We'll stick the links here, and once i've gotten all of your rooms i'll connect them, put them in order, fill in any blanks you left, and we'll have us a mid-sized Ironworks-mad map...

What do you all think of this idea? I say we start getting it on! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2003, 12:22 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

It sounds like a great idea. Everybody contribute to making a piece of the whole, then having it all compiled. It would be fun to do, but let me make some suggestions.

* Name a scenerio...forest, dungeon, city...so we can all be unified in the creation.
* Is it a hack/slash? That would be easier than trying to keep everybody focused on a story/plot.
* When everybody makes a room...or maybe since there are not that many people here that like to make stuff, each do two rooms...then one person be in charge of connecting them all and making transitions work...another person be in charge of adding monsters...another person to add people...another person to hide treasures...etc. That way, their is more suspense for everyone involved and the vastness of creativity include by each individual will make it more complex.
* Everybody has to be on the same patch version.

These are just some ideas. I bet you guys can think of many more. It would not be hard at all to ask a small contribution from each member. It would really be exciting!
Old 04-04-2003, 09:09 PM   #3
Atrayu
The Magister

I am a builder and would be willing to donate a Port City that I made /)eathKiller. It has many doors and consists of three different sections dividing the city. Many ships teathered to the docks with treasure, although guarded accordingly. Let me know.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:11 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Just tell me what you need [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:35 AM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

Sure. I'm more into storytelling, but H/S is more likely what it'll end up being. Give me a setting and the level of the PC, and I'll see what I can do.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 09:37 AM   #6
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I sound totally dumb, but I don't know how to:
Up or download
Add links,
Or do area transitions, but I'll get working on it, and I will try to do what you suggesest when someonw tells me how.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 11:33 AM   #7
philip
Galvatron

that's a cool idea!
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:14 PM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

alright, One person do a small town, another the insides of a few houses, let's say place 10 houses in the town and someone else make 10 rooms, fill em up with custom NPCs and outfits, then someone make a large foresty outdoor level which a path from the town leads to, someone else do a cave which will be hidden in the forest. Whoever wants to do these tasks just take them, we probably wont be using Crypt as it's so dull and yellow, I'll work on making a prize room that will knock your socks off [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2003, 10:30 PM   #9
koconnor100
The Magister

I have a great idea !

Lets make a big meandering mod with no plot line, no story, just a random collection of rooms and monsters with no rhyme or reason !

*NOT* !!!!

I have a better idea.

Lets get together a collection of people who want to make mods. Everyone makes their own mods, acts as play tester in the other mods, and is happy to help out with advice on scripting, monsters, etc etc.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:07 AM   #10
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I've already started work on a place, but it's really slow, and how are we going to connect them al together anyway?

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote