Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2002, 01:41 AM   #1
ryaldin
Elminster

SPOILER
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-Yknow how there's the guy in the area, i think with Shaol the neriad, where there's the guy who's the brother of Daveron, and he heals you up and stuff? Whatever becomes of him? I mean, why couldn't they tie him back into the storyline? There's a couple of different things like that in the game. What's the name of the mage that Branwen cites as the guy who froze her in stone? Why can't you go after that guy. And what about the dryad who's tree you save in the forest? You're supposed to have procured the favor of a dryad, so why doesn't that effect the game later in the story. This is not a criticism of BG. I mean, it's the single greatest game of all time in my opinion. I just think that they should have made an expansion, download, or fixpack that could have added so much to alot of the quests that you only see a small window of, yknow?
Old 10-11-2002, 02:45 AM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

generally i think the devolpers write more quests than they can really finish so there are some unfinished. Bg2 the slaver quest is a good ex. There are some guys you can kill and take thier stuff that are connected to it but it's never explained what's going on.
Old 10-11-2002, 04:14 AM   #3
Jan

Yea that quest or what you want to call it is a little weird. Well no wonder when it isn't finished [img]tongue.gif[/img] . However, you can download a mod which will link it with the twisted runes and then you have a complete quest [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] . I haven't tried it myself but I will someday.

[ 10-11-2002, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: Jan ]
Old 10-11-2002, 06:55 AM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Isn't the guy that turns Branwen to stone the mage Tranzig? If it is, then you get to give him a shoeing later on at Feldepost's. Job done.

As for some of the others, well what do you expect from a dryad? Gratitude, I don't think so, they only seem to remember when it suits them.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:28 AM   #5
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

I am confused in my memory...was the mage who turned Branwen to stone Tranzig? or was he some mysterious Kobold mage like the Sewer King?
Old 10-11-2002, 12:37 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Tranzig was indeed the Mage who Petrified Tranzig. But, if she's in the party when you go to see him, neither of them so much as mention it. Also, if you've already killed Tranzig when you free Branwen, you have no conversation to tell her so. In a similar vein, if Davaeorn is already dead before you talk to The Surgeon, the conversation is exactly the same.

The gratitude of a dryad (or was it nymph?) would depend on the gender of the PC. Read the description of Marek's bow to get an idea of it. Probably not something BioWare would want to incorporate into the game in any detail.....I guess a Healing Potion & an Antidote is fair enough.