Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 01:48 AM   #1
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

i realise this might be a bg 1 topic, but figured it would relate to bg 2 better, because tutu used bg 2 rules i think.

I want to have an evilsih party in bg 1, and i want adjantis, but my rep will no doubt be quite low. making him become fallen. What actually happens with a fallen paladin. I know they loose thir abilities. what abilities are these? I've heard of anti paladin kits out there, are they any good? i think there is one for darkest day. Would tdd work for tutu?
Old 05-24-2006, 02:15 AM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

NPC Paladins (and Rangers) cannot Fall. Only the PC can.

I know TDD has recently been converted to WeiDU, meaning it should be able to work with Tutu. That said, however, I don't think I've ever heard a single good thing about TDD.

There may or may not be an Anti-Paladin kit in TDD, I don't know. What I do know is that the Anti-Paladin kit that's part of the Tactics mod just plain sucks. Hard.

I don't know of any good Anti-Paladin kits out there, but there has been much throwing about of brains to make one, or something similar. For a sample, go here and start reading. Now, that's a long thread to read, so some of the ideas batted about pertain to the possibility of Paladins (and Rangers) that serve Neutral and Evil gods, and how it might just be possible for those Paladins to Fall when their Virtue scores enter ranges displeasing to their deity.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:38 AM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

thanks sixofspades for that promp reply.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
wanderon
Dungeon Master

If your rep drops to very low (1-2) good NPCs will leave the group. At some point in the downward rep spiral and/or after committing certain evil acts Kivan will turn hostile and attack the group but I don't know how far down the rep has to progress to bring this on - I am not certain if Ajantis has a similar script or not.

But the real question is:

Why would you want a paladin in an evilish group to begin with?

One other thing to note - dropping your rep too far (down in the 1-2 range) is also a good way to ensure you will never complete the game. The Flaming Fist pansies will kick your evil patootie eventually and the effects of thier attacks even if you kill them and/or manage to run away will keep your party from making any progress in the game. I'd suggest keeping your rep no lower than 6 to avoid this...
Old 05-24-2006, 10:00 PM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

its currently 7 thanks wanderon.
The reason i have adjantis is because i haven't used him before, and he will be my main tank
Old 05-25-2006, 01:08 AM   #6
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Just because a BG1 mod is converted to Weidu does not necessarily mean that it will work in Tutu, as the two have different file naming systems. Your best bet is to go to the Pocketplane modlist (modlist.pocketplane.net), and going to the section for Tutu mods. There are several mods only useable for Tutu, and some BG1 mods are either superceded by superior Tutu versions or don't work with the BG2 engine.