Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-11-2001, 08:48 PM   #1
Kalabar
Welcomed New User

I need help chooseing a class so if some one would tell me what the play with so i can ues what they play with i would be very very thankful and i was wouldering where i can get a phatch for BG@ oh i am new to the borad so if i do something wrong tell me plz !!!!!!!!!!!

Kalabar

Old 10-11-2001, 08:51 PM   #2
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome to the Board

I hear Sorcerers are pretty popular.
I am currently playing a Totemic Druid
and having a lot of fun
Old 10-11-2001, 08:56 PM   #3
StarVid
Elminster

I've always played mages, though now I'm trying new things. Currently, I'm working on a human fighter, dualed to a cleric at level 9.
Old 10-12-2001, 12:55 AM   #4
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

Take Thief thats a fun classs

------------------
Platinum Wizard of ALSB
Wizard at The Court of Lady Lioness
Protector of All Whats goodwww.clix.to/wave
Old 10-12-2001, 11:18 AM   #5
hagimihale
Manshoon

Choosing a class for your main character depends on your own personality. If you're a hack-and-slash type, take a fighter (or Paladin or Ranger). If you are more spell-friendly, then mage orcleric

If you are new to the Baldur's Gate series I do recommend a fighter tho. I think it's easier to learn this game in hack mode. If you are a fighter you'll want to keep at least 2 mage NPCs like Aerie, Nalia, or Jan in the group. If you play a mage or cleric type, have at least 2 tanks (fighters who can beat the brunt of physical damage) like Minsc, Keldorn, Valygar, Mazzy. Regardless I think Jaheira is a must - she gives you a tank with spell capability (being a fighter/druid).
Old 10-12-2001, 11:28 AM   #6
Cagen the dwarven cleric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've always been partial to clerics......good spell list to choose from, capable of wearing any armor, shield or helmet and there are a number of excellent weapons that more than makes up for the fact that you can't use edged weapons. The Flail of Ages is a great example and I find the Mace of Disruption a must have. Couldn't see myself parting with either weapon. Also there are a number of good slings (Sling of Seeking +2 for example) in case you feel like hanging back. A Good cleric (talent-wise, not speaking of alignment) and his company are rarely parted. Give it a try......you might like it. Hammers up....orcs down!!!!
Old 10-12-2001, 12:25 PM   #7
Nifft the Nimble

Play a male Human Cavalier. Marry Aerie.

Play an evil Half-Orc Fighter/Thief. Take Viconia (early and often).

If you have ToB installed and feel comfortable with magic, play a chaotic good Elven Wild Mage.

Play a female elven Archer. Take Anomen, Keldorn and Jan. Giggle as Jan mocks the other two.

Play a dwarven Priest of Talos. Take Jan, Mazzy and Korgan. Kill anyone who looks like they might be smirking at your party of midgets. I wonder how much Mazzy and Korgan will fight :-p

Play a human Swashbuckler. Dual to a Mage at level 11, but not before you sell & pick-pocket back a bunch of wands. Use the wands while you're working up to level 12, when you'll be able to recharge them again.

Play a half-elven Druid Avenger. Avengers are a lot of fun.

OR: Start each of these and then never finish them!

-- Nifft, chronic restarter
Old 10-12-2001, 01:50 PM   #8
Byronas

WELCOME TO THE BOARD Kalabar

Play as Human Cavalier if you want to have a good character (or as an Elf Ranger)
Play as a Human Cleric of Helm
or
Play as Gnome Illusionist
THE CHOISE IS YOURS!!!!!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-12-2001, 04:25 PM   #9
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Welcome to the board!

Try a search on my " the Best BG2 player character ", you might find it usefull.