Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 02:17 PM   #21
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Actually, Vaskez, did TeamBG ever come up with a full list of known opcodes, gradient colors and other parameters for IEEP?

Hehe, I was just checking yesterday. I opened BGMain.exe in a hex editor and found where it listed all the possible spell effects. Looks like IEEP has them all covered although the parameters are still undetermined for many.
Gradient colours...I'll get back to u on that one...

Old 05-22-2001, 02:21 PM   #22
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by white heron:
Ok dude,i have a question. Im looking for a nice dark black colour to use on the grip of a halberd.The only black i know is 21 which is a bit pale.? Thx.

Hmm, why don't u use one of the colouring effects in IEEP like strong/dark colourisation. Then set the RGB values to like 10, 10,10 whihc should be black if I remember from art lessons back at school! Cos white is like 255 255 255 so lack of colour should be black, hehe.
Old 05-22-2001, 03:47 PM   #23
white heron
Manshoon

Mmm? I'll give it a go Vaskez.I've used shining colours before but not this.I guess i'll go have a look
I tried a few numbers yesterday but ended up with a green Halberd,blue,yellow,LOL.
-I'm itching to make some cool shiny black full plate too.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:54 PM   #24
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

As a side-note people keep asking about editors, which ones are good, what to use etc. Here are the full contents of my BG2Utils directory (all u need for editing ):

Teambg scriptor
Scriptw
BAM workshop
BG1 creature editor
Teambg Dialog Utility
Hextool
ICM
IEEP
IE
Near Infinity
MOSWorkshop
Shadowkeeper
Sound converter (acm2wav)
TBG Mass converter
TISUtil

hmm, actually I'm still missing a few programs like the info extractor....better go download them

Old 05-22-2001, 05:04 PM   #25
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Mmm? I'll give it a go Vaskez.I've used shining colours before but not this.I guess i'll go have a look
I tried a few numbers yesterday but ended up with a green Halberd,blue,yellow,LOL.
-I'm itching to make some cool shiny black full plate too.
OH, u wanna make it shine like celestial fury and some other magic weapons... well try looking at those to see how it;s done. There are loads of spell effects to do with colour and to tell u the truth colour has been the least of my worries in editing. Here they are in the order that they appear in the game's exe, type the number in the spell effect box in IEEP and then click on a different box to activate it (decimal mode):
effect 7: colourchange
8: colourglow_solid
9: colourglow_pulse
41: sparkle
50: single colour pulse all
51: colour tint solid

of course TL has named them differently in IEEP but I can't be bothered to look all around IEEP for them all

Old 05-22-2001, 05:26 PM   #26
Azred
Drow Priestess

Out of 300 op codes, IEEP lists 256 of them (not suprising). Why there are some gaps between op codes is anyone's guess. There are about a dozen codes for which the parameters/effects are currently unknown (like "duration modifier", the one I'm currently investigating).

btw, 7 = set item colors, 8 = change colors by RGB, 9 = shining colors by RGB, 41 = sparkle, 50 = character colorization, 51 = strong/dark colorization, and 52 = very bright colorization.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 05-22-2001, 08:24 PM   #27
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Out of 300 op codes, IEEP lists 256 of them (not suprising). Why there are some gaps between op codes is anyone's guess. There are about a dozen codes for which the parameters/effects are currently unknown (like "duration modifier", the one I'm currently investigating).

btw, 7 = set item colors, 8 = change colors by RGB, 9 = shining colors by RGB, 41 = sparkle, 50 = character colorization, 51 = strong/dark colorization, and 52 = very bright colorization.
You mean that is what TL has named them, yeah I know, but I was listing them from the hex editor, so I couldn't remember exactly and I thought that the original names would help the guy out more. I think there's a lot more than a dozen for which the parameters are currently unknown. The first 23 in the list are undetermined and many of the other ones later on in the list (even those that don't have brackets around the name) still have undetermined parameters.

Hmm, yeah I don't know why there are gaps, maybe there are some obscure effects that they took out at the last minute or are there, but were never used. Good luck with the duration modifier thing, it's good that so many ppl are contrubuting to the effort to discover all the effects and then telling TL about it. The only contribution I've made so far is the 9 timimg mode which TL has named "Permanent after bonuses" although that is not quite the right name for it. It should be something like "Permanent applied continuously". Oh well it's a lot of work finding out new stuff and then testing it, that's my excuse for not having discovered more....

Old 05-22-2001, 08:58 PM   #28
white heron
Manshoon

Hey ,strong/dark colorisation did the trick, in fact 10/10/10 was perfect.heh.

Whats the secret to having a 3D effect play at the same time as the relevant strike,sure there's save vs spells and % ,but it's not working for me ,Will using the 'power' field help here. What does the 'power' field do?
For instance i made a 'Blackjack' for my thief to clobber people with.It would knock people unconcious and confuse them however the 3D effect for confusion would play long after they my victim was dead.Really i need to know how to use the Timing mode correctly for 3D effects.Any explaination MOST welcome! thx
Old 05-22-2001, 09:13 PM   #29
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Hey ,strong/dark colorisation did the trick, in fact 10/10/10 was perfect.heh.

Whats the secret to having a 3D effect play at the same time as the relevant strike,sure there's save vs spells and % ,but it's not working for me ,Will using the 'power' field help here. What does the 'power' field do?
For instance i made a 'Blackjack' for my thief to clobber people with.It would knock people unconcious and confuse them however the 3D effect for confusion would play long after they my victim was dead.Really i need to know how to use the Timing mode correctly for 3D effects.Any explaination MOST welcome! thx
Oh I'm SO proud, hehe, I guessed the colours correctly. *Brain to mouth: Shut the F@~* up!*
Seriously, the power field is usually set to the level of the spell so I think it has to do with ease of dispelling it etc.
The 3d effect should either have a duration of permanent or for say 3 seconds, depending on the effect. Set the effect state parameter to 1 as well. If u want confusion to play when u hit someone, u gotta make sure it has the same probability and saving throw details as the effect u wanna play it with, ie. the confusion effect on the blackjack. The target should be pre-target. In the case of confusion, put the 3d effect duration at the same as the duration for the confusion.

Old 05-22-2001, 10:44 PM   #30
white heron
Manshoon

Thanks. Well,everything you've said makes sense and is the way i generally do it? Wierd? I guess i need to look at that item.