Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-29-2001, 09:45 PM   #1
Marneus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Slight problem... I have dealt with the dark elves down below and have agreed to help the elves up above to find their lantern... but... I then get attacked by a group of harpers who no matter what dialogue option I choose attack me and I am forced to kill them, then the Elves all attack me and so even if I get the mising lamp, I cant give it to the elves as they have gone hostile... (did I do it wrong when I had to killed earlier those harpers the city docks, they were goin to kill me in order to get their boss up in the ranks)

What do I do now to continue ??? HELP...
Old 04-29-2001, 09:58 PM   #2
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Try running away from the harpers so their out of sight of the elves when you attack them. If that doesn't work leave the whole map. The harpers should follow you back into the underground or even try travelling to a place like D'arnise castle and see if the harpers appear there.
Old 04-29-2001, 10:17 PM   #3
Marneus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I go so annoyed with those blimmin harpers, I gave my entire party boots of speed, disabled their AI modes and ran away as soon as I could (didnt kill anyone)... got the lantern, came back nearly a gameweek later and the elves still wanted to slice me into little bits !!! (I could well be stuck)

Has anyone else had this problem or am I the only one to have to put up with this 'incident' ???
Old 04-29-2001, 10:19 PM   #4
Marneus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

okay I 'might' have slaughtered the harpers first but avoided to elves (Been playing Diablo 2 to take my mind off it, havent played BG2 for a month)

next time I play I will try luring to harpers out of sight...

thanx for the suggestion...
Old 04-29-2001, 10:25 PM   #5
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I don't know what you can do if you've alread turned the elves hostile. Go check out the cheat page and find out how to teleport into the elven city. At least that way you can still finish the game.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 04-30-2001, 07:18 AM   #6
Narwhal

CONTAINS SPOILERS:

I got this problem too and tried to find an answer on this forum some months ago with no joy. I think this is a rare problem, therefore.

This is how I solved it:

You have to get away from that map screen before the Harpers can intercept you. This took about 6-10 attempts but is worth the effort after all the hours you have put in to get this far. In the end I found it was best to run due north, immediately after speaking to the elf to get that major quest, and hope they don't catch you.

The problem is your reputation is too low. I collected all the quests I could in Chapter 2 but planned to come back later to complete them and pick up the EP once I had got Imoen back. Unfortunately, as well as increasing EP, many of those quests also increase your party's reputation so I ended the Drow chapter with a fairly average reputation score. This meant the Harpers didn't believe me and attacked; as you have also determined.

Once you successfully leave the screen without invoking the wrath of the elves get your reputation up as quickly as possible. A few quests and I got mine up to a much higher level. Then when you return and meet the Harpers again, they know of your good deeds and are prepared to hear your side of the story and, most importantly, do NOT turn hostile.

I have yet to complete BG2 BUT have been back to see the elves after being confronted by the Harpers and they are not red circled.

Hope this helps.