Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 06-23-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
daeomer
Manshoon

I just want to know how to open the door that is locked in the North West portion of level 2 of the Ice Palace. It feels like I have tried every combination of mirror position and electric blast directions...but no luck. I assume that this may be the room where Nathaniel's equipment is hidden, as I have opened every other room in the place.

Thanks in advance
daeomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 04:46 PM   #2
Supa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In the room where u kill some "ghosts" there is a secret door (in 1 of the grave thingies) (sry my vocabulary isnt the best)in the upp-right corner...
Old 06-23-2003, 07:07 PM   #3
daeomer
Manshoon

Sorry, there are actually 2 rooms. And unfortunately I didn't mean the 'Ghost/Shadow' room, but thanks anyway. The first room is entered through the room with the Talisman mercenaries that are trapped in the mirror. The second room appears to be directly across from a throne room kinda place which is on the north side of the levels.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2003, 07:34 PM   #4
daeomer
Manshoon

Now only the room opposite what I called the "throne room" on the north side of the level remains unopened....I can't seem to get this one....grrrr!
Old 06-23-2003, 07:46 PM   #5
daeomer
Manshoon

OK...I found a door that I couldn't see before that says "EMBRACE THE SHADOW"...any suggestions? It is still locked.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Outside the north door of the gun room is a mirror. Turn it so it's angled to the left (west). Make sure the secret door to the "embrace shadow" room is open (someone must step on the shadow to open the door). Shoot a bolt north to the angled mirror. It will rebound around into the shadow room and the shadow will disappear.

Only one person really needs to be in the shadow room (preferably not in the path of the bolt!).

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 09:12 PM   #7
daeomer
Manshoon

Thanks...so close...but still so far... I am not sure where the shadow is for the "embrace shadow" room. I turned the gun north, have the thing pointed west, and have someone standing by the door, i think it is a secret door...it turns purply (which faces NW i suppose). I think maybe I am missing something... There is also still the door with "a withered sliver of a great tree" that is still locked too...DO I have to enter this room first?

Sorry and thanks at the same time...

[ 06-23-2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: daeomer ]
Old 06-23-2003, 11:04 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The "tree" door leads to the second treasure room, where you can pick up Nathaniel's Ring Of The Ram. You get there by teleporting from the portrait room.

You get into the shadow room the same way. Once there, you'll see a shadow across the inner door. Someone has to step on the shadow (usually taking damage) and that opens the exit door. THEN you can shoot the gun, which will get rid of the shadow, and you can finally enter the altar room.

Unfortunately, it's been some time now since I played the game, and I don't recall the phrases needed to enter the above two places.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:20 PM   #9
Faceman
Hathor

just a note:
teleporting is done by entering the room with the painting on the upper level and speaking an appropriate phrase
You get these from conversations with the priestesses before you kill them and/or from Sherincal and the architect. Ther may be some on inscriptions too but my memory is fuzzy.