Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 05-11-2001, 08:20 PM   #1
Mark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just bought this one, and 5 minutes into the game, it tells me that I dont have any disk space left? Whats going on? Im able to save for only the beginning of the game? Man, its like Daggerfall ALL OVER AGAIN.

System Specs: 128 Megs of ram, AMD K6-2 3D, ATI 32 meg video card Radeon, Creative DVD-ROM, Windows 98 SE.

Any leads? Surely this cant be an isolated case!!!!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 11:31 PM   #2
Regina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm, I'm running just about the same system you are but with a couple of exceptions (256 megs ram, Memorex CD-rom, ATI Rage Pro Fury) and I haven't had any problems.

One thing I have learned from visiting various places for games I play is to make sure I delete temp files, empty cache, and DEFRAG on a regular basis. I also noticed this recommended in the read-me file for DarkStone if I remember correctly. IF you don't already do regular maintenance it's an excellent idea. I've known of quite a few folks who've installed a game and then have it not run at all when that was the only problem.

I hope this helps, and if not hopefully someone with a better idea will come along soon.

Edited because I can't read or type or proof-read.

[This message has been edited by Regina (edited 05-12-2001).]
Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 03:44 AM   #3
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Its just possible that you HAVE run out of disk space or that your hard disk is extremely fragmented. Try defragmenting and try again. If you have installed the game in a non-standard directory, this might have confused it!

As far as I am aware, Darkstone limits you to 100 saves as well and this includes quicksaves. I doubt that this could be the problem, but its worth checking out.

Finally, be sure and patch up to version 1.05b (3 patches needed) to get the best out of the game

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 02:44 AM   #4
Mark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool! No problemo, since I defragged my hard drive and installed the ALL the patches. Time will tell though..
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote