Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I thought you got to keep your armour and weapons when you switched to HotU after completing NWN ?

Damn, i had all the best stuff in the game, was practically immune for spellcasters, and had a suitcase full of cash....all gone. When i came out of char creation i had some kind of black outfit instead of my Red Dragon armour, some kind of dagger instead of my flaming longsword, and all my cash was gone.

I also went down from level 17 to level 15.

Is all this supposed to happen or do i get my stuff back later in the game ? And why did my xp drop by 2 points ?
Old 01-05-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Now where is the fun in having an invulnerable character? Anyway, you'll get it back later in the first chapter and all chars start out as lvl 15.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Invulnerable ? Couldn't they just make the opponents a bit tougher then ? This is not fair. When you switch from SoA to ToB you don't lose anything.

I hate having to rebuild again.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

Just go over to Durnan's private store. It has quite some middle range stuff.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 04:47 PM   #5
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hey you were robbed by the Drow, be thankful they didn't kill you in your sleep!

You will get all your gear back soon enough.

So will we see you in our Online Mod Johnny ?
Old 01-05-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Dunno TDC, i'm not much of an online player, i prefer to play against the CPU. But you never know, tell me...how does it work inthere, do i need to sign up or something ?

And i know i got robbed, i just didn't think they took off with my Red Dragon armour and all my other stuff. I've sold all available stuff, but didn't raise enough money to buy me a half decent sword at the smithy outside. Now all i have is a plain greatsword. Do they really expect me to enter the Underdark with THAT equipment ???
Old 01-05-2005, 05:05 PM   #7
dplax
Jack Burton

You shall pretty soon find items with +3 enchantments. The Undermountain is literally crawling with powerful stuff.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 05:10 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Alrighty then, here i go.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Dunno TDC, i'm not much of an online player, i prefer to play against the CPU. But you never know, tell me...how does it work inthere, do i need to sign up or something ?
Its not really online play as such. Ziroc has recreated Undermountain (and IMO done a better job than Bioware) You can play solo or as a party with other people online.

The only thing you need to do is download 2 content packs. Instructions for how to get onto our server can be found in my Sig.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I might check it out sometime then, maybe there's a little online monster hidden deep down in me that i never knew of.

Btw... more on topic now, i have another question, which might contain spoilerish stuff, be warned. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

While snooping around in the beginning of the underdark, i ran into this weird talking sword. It's in the hands of a dead king though, and i saw what happened if you decide to take the sword, i didn't last very long without my original gear. Now what i wanna know, is it worth the trouble to stay around and fight your way out somehow, or maybe make a run for it ? I don't wanna get burned for a sword that talks funny, but isn't even capable of cutting cheese (in the literal sense of the word).

Damn i sound like a n00b right now, but in fact HotU is completely new to me, so i might have more stupid questions along the way.