Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

hey hey hey.
i want to make a ranger cleric to use im a multiplayer game. with my friend. we will have 2 charicters each to control. My other will be a sorceror.
what race would be my best bet for a ranger cleric? I would most likely dual wield flails, (flail of ages, and another one) I will probalby SK a kit to my ranger/cleric multi, what kit would you suggest? I think my friend will make a half orc barbarian, and a halfling fighter thief.

thanks,
Tim
Old 05-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Why would you SK your kit to multi? If I recall, that's already a set class. I could be wrong though. I know it is in Icewind Dale.

Since you're going to use SK anyway, the race really doesn't matter at all
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

the character will be a multiclass, not a dual class. When you multi you cannot choose a kit to belong to. That is the only thing i will edit in SK
Old 05-02-2006, 12:05 AM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Gotcha. So, in essence, since the only thing you're editing is the kit of one class, then hte race choice is really limited to Half-Elf, I believe.

Though, I could be wrong.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:18 AM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

ah, i just checked planet baldurs gate, and your right kyrvias. sorry for the inconvience. Half elf is the only race availble for ranger cleric.
Is the flails the best way to go for him? he will dual weild.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:36 AM   #6
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Flails is certainly a powerful option. If you want cliched cheese, you could go for War Hammers too. But you should be able to do it with just flails, as there exists a good offensive and a good defensive flail (which works REALLY well with a R/C).
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:23 AM   #7
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Yep, after ** in Flails and *** in Two Weapon Fighting, you're pretty much set for the large part of the game.

I'd suggest a point in sling and mace somewhere along the way though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I suggest you check The adventures of two brothers (Aragorn and Darius) topic. My cousin and I are playing multi-player too. He's a Cleric/Ranger and I'm a Sorcerer. I suggest you put your proficiencies in Flails. And a sling.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #9
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Morning Stars are now under the "Flail" proficiency now, correct?

If that's the case, you could get the "Wyvern's Tail" pretty early in the game.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:11 AM   #10
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

i think i'll use the FOA and the defender of easthaven.