Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-21-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
shadowspecter
The Magister

Well...As the topic said, I'm trying to find a job. I have been searching online to find any jobs around my place that is for hiring. Did some application, but I think that's not good enough.

Does anyone know of a good site to search for jobs for some who wants part-time and is still in high school?

Thanks a lot if anyone can mention anything
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
Old 01-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Why is everyone asking in this forum for a job? Anyway look at restaurants, camps, or smaller local businesses.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Ask your high school guidance counselor. S/he might know about local companies with internships, or at least know a specific person to contact in the Human Resources department of some local businesses.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:10 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You're in high school... but how old? If you're under 16, there are different rules for how you can work.

My suggestion: Take an afternoon, go to the local mall, and ask every store for an application to fill out. *DON'T* ask if they're accepting applications -- ask for one instead. Sales trick there... don't give them an opportunity to say No.

I did that in what I call my "summer of ten jobs". I hit one wing of the mall near my house... perhaps 30 stores. Got one job that day, and another that night.

A suggestion... dress nicely when you go. I'm not saying coat and tie, but something that looks nicer than jeans and a t-shirt. That first impression counts... a lot.

If they say no, ask if they could point you to another place where you might find employment. They may not offer anything, but then again, they might...

Good luck!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.