Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-18-2001, 06:16 AM   #91
Tancred
White Dragon

A man clad in brown and armed with nothing more than a brown cap and a clipboard enters the bar, striding forth as if nothing in all creation can stop him. Standing and taking stock of his surroundings, he calls out, in a voice full of the mighty authority of the post office;
"Package for Tancred Foesmite!"
Several raise their hands - it could be a valuable package, after all - but lower them timidly as the postman glares at them. Finally he catches sight of the waving paladin near the bar, and advances.
Uttering the mantra "Sign here, please," the postman offers his clipboard and a small, innocent, square package wrapped in brown paper. Tancred looks at it puzzled - the address reads:
'fao: Tancred Foesmite
The BG2 Bar
nr. The Iron Works'
"Who would know I was here?" he wonders aloud.
"STOP!" yells his faithful sword. "It could be a bomb!"
Tancred gives him a withering glare, that seems to say 'A bomb. In the Forgotten Realms. Riiiiight...' and begins to open the package...

... a small, battered-looking book is revealed. Tancred flips through it, and any onlookers - an awful lot of the bar, in fact - can see little sketches, handwritten paragraphs, pictures, cut-outs and more. It seems to be a scrapbook. Slowly, the paladin's face turns from puzzlement to shock.
"What is it?" asks one of the assembled crowd.
Tancred looks up.
"It's... it's my uncle's Pantaloons Diary..."

Tancred
Old 05-18-2001, 06:35 AM   #92
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Just a break from the freakishness. Link and tancred you guys should be professional writers your damn good. Killer your.......well you posses a basic level of competence.

------------------
Welcome to hell.

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 05-18-2001).]
Old 05-18-2001, 06:39 AM   #93
Link
Jack Burton

Thanks man!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-18-2001, 06:41 AM   #94
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Azure looks thoughtfully at Link wondering why the mysterious man had turned away from him. Maybe it was just his imagination but he thought for a minute he saw a kindred spirit in those shadowed eyes.
Shrugging his shoulders in dismissal his thoughts turned to his mission at hand. This time in the bar was taking its toll, and his finely attuned senses were not as acute as they were not 2 hours before.
His hand toys with the dagger sheathed at his belt suspicion playing through his mind that maybe Caleb and his supposed King Biscuit guise wa covering up something. Azure shot a sidelong glance in calebs direction wondering how he should play his next move

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-18-2001, 06:47 AM   #95
Tancred
White Dragon

Hey, wow! Thanks, Caleb, the day seems a little brighter. (happy) Have you seen my story on the board yet?

Tancred

Never Lets An Advertising Opportunity Slip, Does He?
Old 05-18-2001, 06:50 AM   #96
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

The SATISFIED bar maid said to caleb "that was the BEST I ever had mighty biscuit king despite what other playa haters say" caleb walks right up to link and engages him in a game of nostril flaring and eyebrow raising then walks away after he discovers link can only raise 1 eyebrow and says "Hail to the king baby Ill be waiting on my throne of scone if you need me"

------------------
Welcome to hell.

Old 05-18-2001, 06:53 AM   #97
Link
Jack Burton

Caleb and Link face each other, and start on their approach. Link draws his Mithril Sword, and Caleb his Poisonous dagger. Just as they want to bash each others head in, the bartender jumps between them, yelling that he doesn't want any more blood spilled on the floor.
" There is too much death and disaster in this inn already" he yells, and everybody nodds. They know what he means.
Link puts his sword back, and watches Caleb until he sits down at the other end of the bar.
" Like if i couldn't take him!" He mutters. " With my two hands behind my back i still could've kicked his arse!"
Still muttering he sits down and orders a strong dwarven ale. The bartender does as told and not much later the ale shows up. Everything's quiet now in the bar, and people chat happily. Link and Caleb still look at each other for some time, but then give up on hoping for the fight to come after all.
Suddenly the door slams open, and a heavily bleeding halfling enters. He stumbles into the bar and falls to the floor. Some other halflings run to help the fellow, and call upon the healing powers of Tancred. His Lay Hands ability is good, but it is too late for the halfling. He whispers a few words in a strange language which even the halfling couldn't understand.
But Link heard the words well enough. " Uythea bherql hytreax..." He knows what it means. His mentor, the great tiefling Nerw'jes, who died fighting in the Goblin Wars, tought him the Ancient Language; the language which almost nobody knows about. The language the Gods themselves tought the first inhabitants of the Forgotten Realms.
" The return of Jieda" He shivers as he realizes what it means. Jieda has returned. Something what nobody could expect. Jieda, also known as the Basilsk Master. He has returned. Suddenly the pieces of the puzzle fall in their place. Was this what Atuan was talking about??

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-18-2001, 06:54 AM   #98
Killer
Banned User

killer sitts in a corner whit some elven head drow heads and druis head (harpers)sigh nothing to do well i am goin to drink ale here no more mess fore a wile(Killer sighs and teleports himself in the bed(yes i forget and i ,exatatly kill vicona some go ressurutck her
Old 05-18-2001, 06:59 AM   #99
Tancred
White Dragon

"Damnit, damnit! I couldn't save him. Something beyond even the powers of this bar has afflicted this poor halfling."
The distraught Paladin begins to say a Last Rites for the poor halfling. The golden sword at his side 'tut's and interrupts "Well, we'll just have to wait for the Coroner's report, eh?"
Old 05-18-2001, 06:59 AM   #100
Lord Shield

I thought the bar maid had better taste than that. never mind
From the back everybody hears "twang!!!" anhd a cheering crowd - the first pack of cursed squirrels has been fired at the Order of the Radiant Heart