Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2002, 07:49 AM   #41
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I used to have a banner ad in my signature, then I received a PM by Ziroc to remove it. I did so, and replaced it with a text link instead. No worries on my part.
Ah, thanks for clearing that one up Dundee! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:

Frankly, I think the Ironworks Forums have more pluses than minuses. Count the blessings and try not to focus too much on the negative.
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Absolutely! Saying that 'nothing is allowed here' is a bit childish and uncalled for... let's not forget what a great place this is! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 08:03 AM   #42
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Well that was a rude thing to say. Put yourself in Ziroc's shoes - would you like to sort through people's duplicate accounts and go around deleting them, only to have some smart-arse make a comment like that on top of it? Dan puts a lot of hard work into this forum and then to have someone come up to him and ask if anything is allowed here is a bit much. He's well within his rights.
No doubt.

After all it is his place, he can do what he wants.

I was just curious if there was more going on than was what apparent in just that short post. I guess sarcasm is a bannable offense.

I guess I let a lot more roll off my back, that's all.

Mark
[/QUOTE]Well, If anyone else said that, and had more post I might let it slide, but when some newbie says something like that, we don't need lop's like that here. they can hit the forumplanet forums for that!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-26-2002, 08:10 AM   #43
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
I used to have a banner ad in my signature, then I received a PM by Ziroc to remove it. I did so, and replaced it with a text link instead. No worries on my part.

Frankly, I think the Ironworks Forums have more pluses than minuses. Count the blessings and try not to focus too much on the negative.
There are so many pluses here. I we've done so well here because the Mods and I don't play around when it comes to stupid stuff like flamers or trolls. We actually enforce the rules when other forums are left alone and they die. Never here! Legends never die!

Old 06-26-2002, 08:13 AM   #44
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:

BTW, are you only against advertising banners or against banners generally? Because all Sio was doing was linking to another forum in her sig, something that many people do - both on this forum and on others. Just wondering! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/fairy.gif[/img]
Yes, I'd like to know that as well. A link is OK AFAIK, and that's all I have here, but on other forums I do use a banner. And some people use banners with a link to their forum/website here... Smoothbrain and Vaskez come to mind... maybe Vic does it as well, not sure. I didn't think there was any problem with that. [/QUOTE]Yeah, I've never allowed any banner ads here (Those big ones) a text link or a tiny image is ok, but not a big banner. In other words, say you have a sig image and it's got a url on it, that is fine too.

Old 06-26-2002, 09:08 AM   #45
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:

??? I'm sittting here trying to think of the negatives. Hmm, we can't flame, troll, or be rude to the Webmaster or the Mods? Those are negatives? Those are the reaasons that I come here! Ziroc, you and the mods do a great job, keep it up and don't compromise. "Legends never die." You have created a unique thing here, and I love it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2002, 09:30 AM   #46
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Galadria, Piestrider and I all post from this computer, and Ziroc has never seemed to mind. I think it is use of his space and time to play inane jokes and flame people that hack him off.
I'm just wondering what legitimate reason someone would need to have a duplicate account. I can understand when people meet up and decide to create a joint account to celebrate the occasion - this has been done for a long time. BUT that also carries responsibility - remember that a new account is effectively a new person as far as everyone is concerned - please be TACTFUL in using it. What may seem like friendly joking around to you will probably be seen as trolling behaviour by those not in on the joke. So try and let people know who you are pretty early - to stop the joke going sour.

That is the only legit reason I can think of. Every other reason for having a second account seems to be related to:

1. annoying people by playing pathetic jokes on them (trolling)

2. being duplicitous in debates, in a lame way to try and get an advantage (having the second account come in to support the first - this is called solo tag-teaming)

People posting from the same IP are fine if they share a PC or computer lab - as long as all the actions from those accounts are not causing any trouble and pass the sanity/sense test. It's quite simple, really.

[ 06-26-2002, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 06-26-2002, 09:35 AM   #47
Moiraine
Anubis

Thank you, Ziroc, for allowing the joint accounts ! [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll mail you when I next need one, before creating it.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:48 AM   #48
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I have a question:
How do you delete an account?

I had never realised this and just tried to delete 'Diamond Q'.

I forget quite why I created him to start with now but he's only made 31 posts in a year and quater...
Hope he wasn't too much trouble Ziroc, sorry. Can you delete him please?

Profile for Diamond Q
Member Status: Member
Member Number: 788

*sniff*, I'll miss the little sucker.

[ 06-26-2002, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 06-26-2002, 10:11 AM   #49
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
I forget quite why I created him to start with now but he's only made 31 posts in a year and quater...
Ah yes, of course. Looked back. To show up LoA's incompetence!

Smart and curious... I wanna be like Diamond Q!
Old 06-26-2002, 11:13 AM   #50
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
quote:
Ah yes, of course. Looked back. To show up LoA's incompetence!

Smart and curious... I wanna be like Diamond Q!
[/QUOTE]Hmmmm I must have done something really stupid then!