Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 04:45 PM   #11
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:

this country has gone WAY too far in its human rights.
did you know that tens of billions of dollars are spent EVERY year to keep murderers and the like in prisons, where they live better inside then they did outside?

As I recall, the U.S goverment also wastes tens of Billions of Dollars on weaponry(to 'protect yourselfs'). Think of all the lives that can be saved with this amount of money. But instead you just go bomb a few thousand inocent civilians to hell on a rock like vietnam(God bless America). Who cares, they were just communists anyway. It is strange though. If I kill someone inocent, I'm a criminal. If a sicko like Bin Laden kills thousands of Inocents, he's a terrorist. But if the US goverment kills tens of thousands of inocent civilians, its protection of Democraty. Do you know btw how many people get wrongly executed each year in the US? What a lovely country you live in.

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]

Old 01-13-2002, 05:41 PM   #12
Grojlach
Zartan

*Nods in agreement after reading Dreamer128's post*
Old 01-13-2002, 11:59 PM   #13
Lifetime
Red Dragon

So Durwyn, I'm a fool because I think American History X might be an accurate potrayal of what happens if you let too much of these "injustices" go to your head?

America is not all "towns and villages" friend. America is a multi-racial place, and multi-cultural, because it stands for equal right and opportunity for all. So what would your complaint be to Russian or Pakistan or Spanish-owned businesses if they provide people like yourself with a honest living? Do those people have any less of a right to work than any other American?
If that issint America, then what is? Would you call Singapore a zoo as well because we have 4 major races sharing an island smaller than New York? And that all of those 4 races play a huge and interconnected part in society, own businesses and gather together as SINGAPOREANS?
I'm not trying to flame you, but I'm wondering what your point is. You call the place you live in a zoo, your home country a place run by thieves, complain that people like yourself own businesses in big cities while they are the ones giving you a decent job, and then state that American living is in small quiet towns. Big cities have their place.
Money saved from cutting down on prison expenses could and should go into upgrading the standard of life in the slums and districts of big cities like NY, but why rob America of its diversity and culture by making Russian/Spanish/Pakistan owned businesses shut down or go away? These people are as much America as "Americans", as you said, so how does their being there make America not like "America"?
Those very "talents" you spoke of that America was built on ARE in those foreign businesses, those big cities, those immigrants who "rob" America of its soul. You claim that without them, America would be nothing, and yet with them, America is being robbed.
Pardon me if I'm the least bit confused by whatever you said.

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: Lifetime ]

Old 01-14-2002, 12:18 AM   #14
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:

did you know that tens of billions of dollars are spent EVERY year to keep murderers and the like in prisons, where they live better inside then they did outside? people go to prison, and dont care because alot of them get cable television, three hot meals a day, a place to sleep, books to read, letters from loved ones, hot water for showers, games to play, a yard to work out in, or shoot hoops etc. these people MURDERED and raped people, they should have none of this stuff. i dont want the money that i work hard to earn to go to some asshole who raped and murdered a whole family, including raping the young girls of said family. these "people" are animals, and should be killed, not living in a lap of luxory. if someone commits a crime i can understand something like a county run facility for a little while, but people who commit haneous (spelling)and violent acts like murder and rape just need to be put to death right away. not spend twenty years in prison with appeal after appeal after appeal, just to walk away later on, or be put to death after so long a time, only to die old anyway. my money should be spent on ME and MY family, or families who need help do to disasters and the like. i know about all of this, because i met a guy recently who said he was "reformed" after spending nearly twenty years in prison for killing his wife. he told me about all of the stuff that they did in prison, and it pissed me off to the point that i had to leave.

People in Australia often complain that people in prisons have it too easy as well. But surely the real punishment of being in prison is lack of freedom. However comfy their bed is, or how reasonable the food is etc, I would think that simply knowing that you are not going to be able to see your family everyday, provide for them, do whatever you want for years and years would counteract any supposed luxuries they may enjoy. You would know that your family would have stigma and shame that you were in prison, that you would have so much trouble finding a job when you were released, that your kids would grow up without you. I doubt whether they sleep on a comfy mattress, or bare boards, or have three hot meals or gruel once a day would really make so much difference to the fact that they are going to be there and not leave for however long their sentence is. But perhaps a concentration camp style setup would be more to your liking? You talk about being in prison for 20 years like it's nothing - that's as long as I have lived! Do you know how many people on death row that have been found to be innocent when using their right to 'appeal after appeal'? If you had your way innocent people would have been killed straight away - and you call this justice.
Old 01-14-2002, 01:22 AM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Morgan_Corbesant, you got one thing right. those people should be killed slowly and painfully
Old 01-14-2002, 02:45 AM   #16
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by 250:
Morgan_Corbesant, you got one thing right. those people should be killed slowly and painfully

I don't think anyone should be killed slow and painfully. Its respect for live that makes us human.
Old 01-14-2002, 02:56 AM   #17
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:

I don't think anyone should be killed slow and painfully. Its respect for live that makes us human.

thats bull. I am not human when it comes to treatment for murders and rapists

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: 250 ]

Old 01-14-2002, 05:35 AM   #18
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great post Dreamer. I think both us British and the Americans could do with heading towards more liberal societies. And 250 I think we should give you the chance to kill a murderer/rapist slowly and painfully and then we'd see how much you really believe they should die like that.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.
Old 01-14-2002, 05:55 AM   #19
norompanlasolas

quote:
Originally posted by 250:

so, are you the one in charge of the torture and execution?

or maybe you would prefer to pay somebody to do the task for you?
Old 01-14-2002, 06:08 AM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

you two dont know shit, so quit it

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: 250 ]