Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2001, 08:17 AM   #11
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Quake 3
QUAKE 3

QUAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE arrhhhhgh and so forth

I love this game Dm13 Dm13.

Unreal Tournament beats Quake 3 hands down anyday!

------------------
Old 09-09-2001, 08:22 AM   #12
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Unreal Tournament beats Quake 3 hands down anyday

Afraid I cant agree with that one Jerome, nothing stops Quake in its pure agression and speed.

------------------
Old 09-09-2001, 08:51 AM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Maybe you should try playing UT sometime Jabidas, UT beats ANY other FPS, especially if you know which mods and mutators to use to get the ultimate FPS experience.
Old 09-09-2001, 08:54 AM   #14
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

A plain old 17 player Insta-Gib match on Morpehus does me.....

------------------
Old 09-09-2001, 08:56 AM   #15
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I have both games Neb but for deathmatch nothing goes like Quake, UTs CTF mode may be better but I love Deathmatch more and in that catagory UT dosnt stand up. As for Mutators the one i use most is Instagib, Im not saying I dont like UT but I prefer Q3 by far.

------------------
Old 09-09-2001, 09:00 AM   #16
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

What I used to do is Jumpmatch (the mod where you jump really high) + Low Gravity on Face (the CTF map with the two towers). You could almost jump from one tower to the other, if you were hit by a weapon in midair you could. . The same mod combination on HyperBlast causes you to die if you jump while outside

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-09-2001, 09:08 AM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hey Kaz, I love the Lowgrav+Jumpmatch combo on Facing Worlds too, ever tried Facing Worlds 2? It's pretty cool, I don't like the Instagib mod, it makes the game too boring when you only have one gun, now U4E, that's the perfect mod, you get to wield Katanas, Lightsabers, Mini-Howitzers, Mini-Nukes and many more cool and(often) very original weapons, plus, you also get to use classes, you can be a dragon and fly around the map while breathing fire, or the Grim Reaper and swing your scythe, maybe a giant bug or a teddybear with an attitude is more your style, U4E has it all, when using the U4E mod, UT beats Q3 without a challenge, it still does so without U4E, but with U4E it convinces even the most stubborn Q3 fanatic.
Old 09-09-2001, 09:28 AM   #18
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Hey Kaz, I love the Lowgrav+Jumpmatch combo on Facing Worlds too, ever tried Facing Worlds 2? It's pretty cool, I don't like the Instagib mod, it makes the game too boring when you only have one gun, now U4E, that's the perfect mod, you get to wield Katanas, Lightsabers, Mini-Howitzers, Mini-Nukes and many more cool and(often) very original weapons, plus, you also get to use classes, you can be a dragon and fly around the map while breathing fire, or the Grim Reaper and swing your scythe, maybe a giant bug or a teddybear with an attitude is more your style, U4E has it all, when using the U4E mod, UT beats Q3 without a challenge, it still does so without U4E, but with U4E it convinces even the most stubborn Q3 fanatic.
Sounds very cool! I'd get it immediately... unfortunately, I was forced to deinstall UT a short time ago I'll have to see about getting it back somehow ...

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-11-2001, 12:31 AM   #19
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
What good new RPG and Strategy(Both real-time and turn-based) games have been released over the last couple of months? I've finished Arcanum in almost no time at all, and that leaves me without anything to play, I'm REALLY bored, my internet connection is also acting really strangely so I can't even play Counterstrike or TFC , so please name some games so I can have something to combat this godawful boredom.

Pool of Radiance 2 will be out Sept. 25th!! It's a AD&D RPG, using 3rd Ed rules.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-11-2001, 04:55 AM   #20
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Fallhammer, how could anyone NOT like Torment? Its less linear that BG2 in the number of ways you can do things..

RPGs are all well and good, but nothing beats a good shootout in Max Payne
Warning though: Its not very long, I bought it on Friday and I finished it today (thats about 10-15hrs)

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy