Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-07-2001, 07:19 AM   #1
Jason Mewes

Jahiras been in my party for ages and she hasent said a god damb thing to me. Some one must know whats wrong.

Old 07-07-2001, 07:29 AM   #2
Buggerface
Elite Waterdeep Guard

it might have something to do with your alignment, or if you were rude to her when she did talk to you (if she ever did).nice name, by the way.i'm a big fan of jay and silent bob, and i can't wait for their next movie to come out.do you know its release date?anyway, if jaheira doesn't say anything soon, ditch her and get aerie or viconia, if you're really interested in the whole romance thing.jaheira's a bitch anyway.
Old 07-07-2001, 07:39 AM   #3
Gazza
Banned User

I've played the game through twice and have yet to get any romance. I dont think allignment has any effect on romance but race does. Try using a human, elf or half-elf character and see how it goes.

------------------
Know thy enemy and know thyself and you will never be defeated in a hundred battles.
Old 07-07-2001, 08:15 AM   #4
skier9205
Manshoon

Jahiera's romance starts when she says... "So where do we go know fearless leader" and depending on your response the romance dialouges start. Aerie is really easy. Just be nice to her when she says stuff about the Avariel and tell her that she's still beautiful w/o her wings blah blah blah. Then she'll just flat out say.. Do you love me? I'm not sure how Viconia's works.
Old 07-07-2001, 08:54 AM   #5
Strider132
Elite Waterdeep Guard

or u cud try dloading the updated fix script, which cuts cov distances down by half, im not sure where i got mine.... also dominate viconia and pick the odd response to have her romance, she also approves of cerain things like using the brothel... if only.......

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not reached bye the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
the crownless shall again be king.
Old 07-07-2001, 10:11 AM   #6
Lord Shield

~shock! horror!~ more newbies that havent' posted in Cloudy's welcome thread. For that, you shall be tortured!!! bwa ha ha ha

For Jaheria, you need to:
Cure Jaheira's curse
Finihs Xar's quest to find Montaron
deal with hostage situation in wilderness (just sleep in wilderness until it happens)

also depends on race and conversation choices. i don't think dwarves get romance options in the game, for instance

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-07-2001, 10:15 AM   #7
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

For some unknown reason Jaheiras romance can (sometimes, not always) be bugged and does not always develop fully. I did hear that the "fix patch" for this romance can cause problems in ToB, not 100% sure though.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-07-2001, 10:18 AM   #8
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

The romance for me usually started when I left the Copper Coronet, she sayd "where to now fearless leader" - and then she carries this one on and on for a while.

If not, perhaps it is based on Irenicu's dungeon. You know, when you let her free and all that.

------------------