Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2001, 05:37 AM   #1
Frech
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I would like to open the two closed cells wich are in the temple ruins (quest of the Umar Hills) but I can't !! I thought they would be opened after killing the priest of shadows (don't know is real name but I suppose (I hope !) you know what I'm talking about...)but they're still closed. Help me !
(I suppose Mazzy and her friends are in ?)

Another thing in this area, is it possible to kill the black dragon or is it too strong for me ? My party members are around the 12th level and I got some cool equipment...just say yes or no (cause I don't want to spend hours trying to do something impossible !), but don't tell me how to do !
Old 04-03-2001, 05:47 AM   #2
dafan

The dragon is probably no match for a lvl 12 party and certainly not if you got good weapons... the door you are talking about is unopeneable I think

Old 04-03-2001, 05:59 AM   #3
Frech
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So you think I can kill that beast ? (cause I'm not sure what "no match" means exactly (and the web translator I used says a match is used to make fire, but I don't think that's what you had in mind...lol)
For the doors, that's frustrating, that game is full of doors or other things you can't open !! (some can be but never when you want !)
thanks anyway.
Old 04-03-2001, 06:13 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

If you're talking about the two small prison cells in the top corner of the map, where as you rightly said Mazzy and her friends are, then yes they can be opened, although I cannot remember exactly where the key is...sorry it's been a while since I played the game. I think there is someone standing in front of the doors whom you have to kill to get the key.
No match means the dragon will be easy meat in other words yes, you can probably kill it.
BTW If by closed doors you mean the ones in the middle right of the map, the ones you open with sun gems, there are three of them and only two of them you can open.... you can find an alternative route so that you don't need to open the 3rd door.
Hope this helps, good luck!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-03-2001, 06:20 AM   #5
Frech
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, thanks a lot Melusine, I will go back there and try to find that damn key, but I think I already killed everyone...except the dragon !
About the doors, I was speaking on the entire game, not specialy on this area, I already found the sun gems and opened these doors, but I still think it would be really nice to be able to cast a "going through the walls" spell, don't you ?
Old 04-03-2001, 06:53 AM   #6
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

the shodow jailor has the key to were mazzy is if you can't fing the key after killing him its a bug in the game (i know it happerned to me)

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 04-03-2001, 06:57 AM   #7
Frech
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Haaaa !! I understand now, it's another bug in the game, but this one seems not to have been corrected by the patch, or the other solution is that I'm blind and I didn't saw that key !! But anyway, I would be able to get it with shadowkeeper, but has that key a particular name ?
Old 04-03-2001, 07:22 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Frech, about the "going through walls spell".....well there's
always Ctrl + J
you can find the key's name using shadowkeeper...or maybe someone here can remember what it was called

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-03-2001, 07:30 AM   #9
Shrylia
Manshoon

I am in this same area and have a key and have managed to kill a bunch of ugly bone golems and skeletal warriors. Why can't level 12 beat the dragon? Maybe just adjust the game level for that 'event'? I am looking forward to killing the thing with gusto! How can we get the necessary experience points if we don't succeed at these quests!? I think probably the game adjusts combat scenes to character level anyway, but that is a guess...maybe not. Anyway, I hope I can beat the dragon...wouldn't want to have to keep killing thugs for a living!
Old 04-03-2001, 07:38 AM   #10
Frech
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Frech, about the "going through walls spell".....well there's
always Ctrl + J
you can find the key's name using shadowkeeper...or maybe someone here can remember what it was called
Melusine !!! Me !! Cheating !!!Who do you think I am ? I hope you're kidding, and I would be very disapointed if you do that horrible thing again, y'ou have to respect the rules, don't forget it...

Frech, keeper of the law