Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 10:42 AM   #1
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

can anybody tell me where a WORKING link is for the patch? none of them work. or, should I just buy HoW? I would assume it fixes all the bugs that the patch does.
tequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 11:59 AM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

here's a link that leads you to both patches. personally, i don't use them, so i recommend the readmes. notice they include a separate link for the readmes so that you can check those out first.

V***V

ps: its thru gamespy * big sigh* so you MUST register before you can download, but the links are good.

pps: according to interplay, do NOT install iwd patch 1.06 if you are installing how patch 1.41.

ppps: i have how, and afaik, it is patched separately. in other words, check your version number. if it's 1.41 you don't need the patch. if it is anything less than 1.41, you need it.

*LOLOLOLOL*
again with the pppps: official bis patch link

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-04-2001).]
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 12:43 PM   #3
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks. so what you are saying is to not worry about the patch and just get HoW when I am ready?
Old 06-04-2001, 12:47 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I downloaded the patch for Icewind Dale, latr bought HoW, but did not need the HoW patch. My game was perfect after I bought HoW.

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 12:53 PM   #5
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

so HoW is kinda like ToSC in that it is an add on and doesnt affect the original plot? i can get it now and install and not screw up my current campaign?
Old 06-04-2001, 01:12 PM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by tequila:
so HoW is kinda like ToSC in that it is an add on and doesnt affect the original plot? i can get it now and install and not screw up my current campaign?
yah.

*ahem*
ignore the next set of comments unless you want to be slightly spoiled/confused:
there are small advantages doing how now instead of later. it makes the game look gorgeous. you can do up to 800x600(supported), and even up to 1280x1064 (unsupported). you get more config options for gameplay, in fact, you get a great config utility that is really (not to be repetitive)...ummm... great. it also adds more things to the store in Kuldahar, stuff that you woulda had to wait a long time for otherwise. granted they are way out of your price league when you're starting out, but still some very cool items.
there's tons of other little things that i never noticed before. it makes for a full, long, rich game this way.

*sighs happily* i'm hoping hoping hoping hoping hoping hoping that the dungeon pack gets released very soon.... now THAT will really make iwd/how a huge wonderful package!

V***V

*goes back to her severed hand*
vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 03:17 PM   #7
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cool. thanks.
Old 06-04-2001, 05:18 PM   #8
Gaelic
Elminster

HoW includes all the IWD patches, but there is a HoW patch you can get after installing HoW. Just don't do what I initiall did which was install both, then an IWD patch. It was ugly.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 05:22 PM   #9
tequila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

okay, so I just bought HoW(yes, I paid my $30 and didnt rip it off from someone) and installed. loaded my current game and the new spells, etc. dont apply. tell me I dont have to start a new game? I noticed that when you do start a new game, you have the option of new or old.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:09 PM   #10
Gaelic
Elminster

I don't think you have to atart a new game at all. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote