Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 06-03-2001, 10:52 AM   #11
Therro
Dungeon Master

Now, I know this is just a LITTLE off topic, but I have to say it.

Fljotsdale, Your messages are always REALLY interesting to read because of all the flying text, colours, etc. You should charge money and teach people how to do that stuff! =P

------------------

[This message has been edited by Therro (edited 06-03-2001).]
Therro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 12:22 PM   #12
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

ROFLMAO! So it isn't WHAT I say its HOW I say it?! Ah, well, when you get old, it's kindah hard to be interesting, lol! Anyway, I learned all I know about colours, etc, right here on this board! Talk to Cloudbringer. And RudeDawg. And Sazerac. And...... oh! too may clever people to name!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 07:36 PM   #13
A.Coil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question about the ending...

That demon tanned my hide a bit, killed my thief, paladin, and the cleric. the fighter, bard (which do indeed rock) and mage were the only survivors. I started HoW, and all my guys were back, but all their gear was left on the floor in front of Jerrod's Stone... Is there any way, short of going back and fighting him again (and restarting HoW) that I can get some of my really nice stuff back? I lost the mace that healed you when you clubbed people with it, some really nice shoes, and more than a few shiny suits of armor...

As for fighting the demon... first time through, I hit him with chromatic orb and held him. Talk about a jaw drop. Ringed around him and beat him to death. Then the ending teleport/whatever back to the town, and crash. That was disappointing. Hasn't been that easy since. Orbs have never worked since that one... I tried. Stoneskin is a MUST; fast casting, effective, and makes you shiny.

A.Coil
A.Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 08:01 PM   #14
Gaelic
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by A.Coil:
Stoneskin is a MUST; fast casting, effective, and makes you shiny.

A.Coil
Makes you shiny! ROFLMAO!!!

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 08:21 PM   #15
Axterix
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by A.Coil:
Question about the ending...

That demon tanned my hide a bit, killed my thief, paladin, and the cleric. the fighter, bard (which do indeed rock) and mage were the only survivors. I started HoW, and all my guys were back, but all their gear was left on the floor in front of Jerrod's Stone... Is there any way, short of going back and fighting him again (and restarting HoW) that I can get some of my really nice stuff back? I lost the mace that healed you when you clubbed people with it, some really nice shoes, and more than a few shiny suits of armor...

A.Coil
Well, the game should have exported your characters at the very beginning of the fight (IWD1-6). You could just import those, though they won't have the xp from finishing off the badguy. If those are screwed up, fire up an older save (from before the battle) and export the characters that died. Then start up your HoW game. Instead of importing your up-to-date characters, import the older ones you just exported. Strip them of their gear, giving it to your non-screwed up party members or just dropping it on the ground, then click on the modify party button (the one with two hands touching), boot those guys, and import your naked guys.

Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 10:37 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
Makes you shiny! ROFLMAO!!!

LOL, well it DOES! And a purrrty silvery color too!
Next time I play with Turbovee, we are doing the final battle! We are playing with a Bard, Cleric, Fighter-Mage and Thief. I'll let you know if we have any strategy tips!

Cloudy, wondering how many reloads this will take!

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 02:28 AM   #17
A.Coil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Axterix,

Thanks for the tip and advice on a/for a solution.

Finished HoW without doing so, though... I felt it might be in that realm of cheating (no offense), as the characters DID die, and you have to accept some consequences, though might have been nice to have my boots of speed back. However, I got a nice... hm... not sure if that is a spoiler. Well, got a nice sword that heals when I stab, to counter that lost mace, and I will say that Storm Shield is also quite a nice effect, aesthetically speaking. And this time, vs the end of HoW, the cleric didn't make it. Petrification, RIP.

Thanks.

A.Coil
A.Coil is offline   Reply With Quote