Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2001, 02:03 PM   #51
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
Yeah, if it'll fit in your output limit then go for it. Thanks. Milamber, where are you downloading it from?

hmm, sadly, it didnt fit into my output. altho if you go to Morpheous and type in a search for Final Fantasy VII, itll come up. and if not, just go w/ One Winged Angel in the title search.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-09-2001, 02:05 PM   #52
Melusine
Dracolisk

Waaaah!! Passion of the Opera! One of my alltime favourites as well! *huge grin*
That's a difficult song though, the coloratura at the end (i.e. the bits where she "goes opera" ) are incredibly difficult. I always sing those in the car with my sis doing the second voice, but it's nowhere near perfect yet...
I would love to have some recordings of my own but unfortunately I haven't The only thing I may get soonish are some recordings from my choir's performance of Carmina Burana, but that's not the same...
I'll have to convince Yorick to come back to Holland and be my producer

Anyway Nightwish has another cd called Angels Fall First but there are a few less than brilliant songs on that one
I'm surprised you could get After Forever...if you got seven songs, that's about all they made LOL! Only one album out so far (Prison of Desire) and they're still very young (the vocalist is only 19!).

*You* have no idea how much *i* am into music!
Tell me about your recording studio...that sounds like a dream come true!! What kind of music do you make?

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH
and the HADB &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-09-2001, 04:00 PM   #53
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Mostly rock and ballads. My sister is an excellent singer. I make her sing for some of the songs I'm working on. I also do a lot of stuff for her so that she can build a portfolio. The studio is far from professional, but I can do some pretty cool stuff with it. I got a couple of DA-88's, 8 bus board, G4 using Cubase VST and Pro Tools for a lot of the MIDI and vocal stuff. I got a couple of racks full of effects and samplers and what not. I'm probably not into it more then 25 grand, but it's a blast. It's kind of a family hobby so we all chip into make it bigger and better.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-09-2001, 04:04 PM   #54
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Mostly rock and ballads. My sister is an excellent singer. I make her sing for some of the songs I'm working on. I also do a lot of stuff for her so that she can build a portfolio. The studio is far from professional, but I can do some pretty cool stuff with it. I got a couple of DA-88's, 8 bus board, G4 using Cubase VST and Pro Tools for a lot of the MIDI and vocal stuff. I got a couple of racks full of effects and samplers and what not. I'm probably not into it more then 25 grand, but it's a blast. It's kind of a family hobby so we all chip into make it bigger and better.

Wow.... do you have anything we could hear from your sis??
Pro Tools rocks! I've seen it used when my boyfriend's band recorded their second album...it's great! But I'm not really into the technical stuff though...so don't go pelting me with techy terms
Anyway sounds marvelous... if me and my bf ever get to buy that castle in Scotland we're definitely including a home studio!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH
and the HADB &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-10-2001, 02:25 AM   #55
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Here ya go Mel, I hope you like it. She is amazing, especially considering she's only 16.

Click Here to Download

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-10-2001, 03:41 AM   #56
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

RAVE!!!!!!! RAVE!!!!!! TECHNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2001, 11:22 PM   #57
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Melusine, I love After Forever, but what's the deal with Satan boy? That guy growling in the back all the time is pissing me off. The female vocalist has an amazing voice -even better then the singer from Nightwish, IMHO, but satan boy keeps messing the songs up! Anyways, excellent recommendations, all of them, and I thank you for turning me on to some great new artists.

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 03:36 AM   #58
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Melusine, I love After Forever, but what's the deal with Satan boy? That guy growling in the back all the time is pissing me off. The female vocalist has an amazing voice -even better then the singer from Nightwish, IMHO, but satan boy keeps messing the songs up! Anyways, excellent recommendations, all of them, and I thank you for turning me on to some great new artists.

LMAO!! Satanboy
Yes dreadfully annoying, and the reason why I mentioned Nightwish first... I hate it when they do that! I wouldn't call the female singer of A.F. better though ...I like it that her lines are more classical and 'over the top' than Tarja's ones (Tarja = Nightwish vocalist) but she is still pretty untrained and to me that's a definite put-off to her singing. I saw her live once and she had a lot of trouble with the high notes and with projecting her voice decently. It really showed her inexperience with singing. But then again, she's only 19, she'll learn Whereas Tarja (saw her live twice) has an amazing voice live, and was trained classically since she was a kid. She graduated from a prestigious music school and is still training...

BTW downloaded your sis! Thanks!! Very good, she has a powerful, mature voice (sounds nowhere near 16!!)... I'm curious as to how she'd sound in a rock song Is she actively planning a career in the music business? She should be!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-11-2001, 04:09 AM   #59
Vampire

Shania Twain Pop Country
Brit Pop, Travis, the Corrs,

visit me at
http://www.geocities.com/likethecorrs

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 09:54 AM   #60
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

That's the plan right now. She's going to a school for the preforming arts and singing pretty much all day every day. She is willing to try singing in a rock song, but I have yet to write one I think would work for her.

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB