Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2002, 07:38 PM   #31
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

i don't know dramnek.how can we take anything from you serious when you still think communism can work.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:53 PM   #32
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
If america makes this law...then other countries have the right to also.
yeah!way to go scholarcs,let's all invade the netherlands.
Quote:
I see it as our government trying to be an international police force.It is just another example of U.S. lawmakers sticking there noses in where they dont belong.
if we don't act like the international cop people get pissed with us.if we DO act like one,the same people get pissed with us.what are we gonna do?
Quote:
It seems like they think the rest of the world should be just like here.
damn!what a nightmare!could you imagine every country producing an eminem?
Quote:
Personaly , I think if things keep up like this our government is going to piss off the wrong people and get the nose they keep sticking everywhere broken.
jahanna,i know you would love to see that happen wouldn't you?well it aint gonna happen.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:53 PM   #33
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
The American PEOPLE and the American GOVERNMENT are two very DIFFERENT! things.
I understand that Dram, but something you may not, is that the US government is "of the People, By the People and For the People", we all are connected in ways that are unique to our country. We have our own disagreements here but in the end, despite petty bickering MOST people in the USA would not want to live in anyother country (Im excluding all people in the USA who wish to emmigrate immediately, from this statement so I dont get a half dozen US types saying they hate their country and that I am wrong) Your comment about people declaring the bush doctrine included everyone and excluded no one. And I also did state, that I was not ONLY speaking of this particular thread.

It has become something of a regular expectation of (some) people on here to expect to have you put up some kind of anti-american post. It is NOT just me dude. Anyway, I did not tell you to stop posting, I just asked you to think, first about who all you are speaking against and where this board originates and if there might be some less nasty way of putting it...no one know better than I, how angry people on here can get over the way you phrase things.

Old 06-08-2002, 08:02 PM   #34
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
if we don't act like the international cop people get pissed with us.if we DO act like one,the same people get pissed with us.what are we gonna do?
No... I'm pretty sure everyone I know, and lots more are pissed when you do act like International Cop, and happy when you don't, actually. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2002, 08:09 PM   #35
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
NOT ALL people on this board is from USA MagiK so we can say wath we want and we dont dislike america but some of us may have som other thot`s than you thats all!
[img]smile.gif[/img] Trust me Megabot [img]smile.gif[/img] I do know that there is a very large if not majority..contingent of non-US people here on IW. I also know everyone on here has a right to post as they wish (subject to the mods and Zirocs aproval) I was just addressing a very narrow set of posts that were/are not just anti-US policy but anti-america and anti-americans. I can gaurentee if I posted the same exact words used against the USA on here about any other country Id be neck deep in pissed off people if not in other ways punished.

If you look back at other threads, you will see quite a lot of very anti-american and disparaging remarks. Usualy followed by a vocal few who oppose such hate mongering but end up being angry and insulting in their turn....who then get into trouble...so you see if we stop the nastyness before it gets to that point then no one needs be punished by the Officials. Of course It might be too much to ask that I would be allowed to request less bashing of my native country.

P.S. If by some perverse cosmic joke, there is some truth behind this proposed law, I will assure all the nice persons of the Netherlands that I for one will call my congressman and declare my absolute support for the rights of sovereign nations and that I think such a law would be a most foul deed to pass.

Old 06-08-2002, 08:12 PM   #36
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
maybe now we really ARE in trouble, Scholarcs and Khazadman are invading us, run people, run !
Old 06-08-2002, 08:19 PM   #37
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
quote:
No... I'm pretty sure everyone I know, and lots more are pissed when you do act like International Cop, and happy when you don't, actually. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE] Your countrymen did not seem to want us to keep our nose out of things during the incident in the Falklands [img]smile.gif[/img] At the time I wished we would have stayed out of it because I ended up putting several hundred hours in modified P3 Orions because of it and trust me, those are NOT comfortable aircraft and you do NOT want to know what we had to do for "calls of nature".

Do you not see that in our case, being the biggest kid on the block does frequently put us in the "damned if you do and damned if you don't" seat?

In the end, the US and the UK work together more than not, when it comes to international policy and police work..so if most of the country is against such things...why do you allow your government to do it? Why do/did I always seem to be working with British troops and ships as part of our force structure? Why does the UK not just denounce its ties to the USA if you all feel so badly about us? I for one would love to know...seriously no sarcasm or cynicism intended.

Old 06-08-2002, 08:19 PM   #38
skywalker
Banned User

I think patriotism and overwhelming love of ones country causes an individual to become thin-skinned when their country or government is raked over the coals.

The same is true for members of any organization.

This type of reaction can become tedious at times.

No nation or group is perfect. When a person can understand this and come to terms with this, said person can take such subjects in stride and get along with others better.

Criticism is a good teacher.

Mark
Old 06-08-2002, 09:26 PM   #39
Chewbacca
Zartan

Considering the proposed world court doesnt have the checks and balances that are a foundation of the American System, I can see why the US wants to protect its citizens and soldiers. That said I would be the first person out protesting such a ridiculous notion of invading The Hague. If we are civilized In this day in age we should always use diplomacy first and foremost.

I find it quite logical. America the goverment & military wont play by the rules when it comes to the geneva convention in regards to the Guatanamo bay captives and to this day has never been held accountable for war crimes commited in SE asia during the Vietnam conflict, specifically the carpet clusterbombing of Laos. A short list of transgressions new and old. Why should they care if they offend the Netherlands or anyone else?

I am actually for some sort of collective world court to handle war crimes. If Americans are guilty then let them pay. The proposed court would put American Statesmen like Senator Kerry (i think?) and Henry Kissinger on trial for a whole Cornacorpia of Vietnam era crimes. The proposed military response was probably crafted to protect these "important" Americans whether they are guilty or not.

War is hell.

P.S. I am an American, all 28 years of my life. I have actually never left the contenintal US. Unless once driving 6 straight hours through Canada on my way to Michigan counts. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-08-2002, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 06-08-2002, 09:28 PM   #40
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
quote:
If america makes this law...then other countries have the right to also.
yeah!way to go scholarcs,let's all invade the netherlands.[/QUOTE]no no no! that is not what I meant. What I meant was that we have the right to invade America. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas