Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-19-2002, 11:06 PM   #1
Gastr0
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoilers...somewhere mid-game (?) when dealing with the T'rang and Umpani.

Ok, so I took the Don's advice to play both sides (almost let him off the hook for that!) between the Umpani and T'rang. I've done all their quests leading up to the rescue of Sgt Glumph (Ump) and getting the coords for the black ship (T'rang), and I have the Helm of Serenity.

The Umpani quest is straight forward in that they tell you where to go, but I can't figure out how I was supposed to know to go to Bayjin for the T'rang quest. Did I miss something important speaking with Z'Ant? I haven't done either quest yet, but got a hint from somebody who did. It's really bugging me that I didn't actually figure out where and how to look for a crashed ship or whatever it is.

Good game so far...some of those random encounters in the wilderness have been BRUTAL!!! Oh, 10 Juggernauts and I'm in the middle of the road...I see a reload coming.
Gastr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 11:18 PM   #2
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

Starting at the walk way from the sea caves... Too find the crashed Ship on Bayjin head west and then north up the beach starting at the walk way from the sea caves. if you cover the whole island along the beach you shouldn't miss it.
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 11:21 PM   #3
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

Oh if have you made it to Bayjin yet? if not you have to pass Nessie.. not easy fight.. i just ran by her.. took me a couple trys to figuer out where too go.. just hand to the sides and hopefuly she wont see you.
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 11:28 PM   #4
Gastr0
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks...not really what I was wondering though. From the moment that Z'Ant gives you the quest, how did you know to look around Bayjin or the sea caves? Nobody mentioned sea caves or anything else to me, which makes me think I missed a point of conversation. Or do you figure it out just by exploration and stumbling around north of the Swamp? Was there someone else you needed to talk to to figure out where/what to do for this quest?

As I remember, Z'Ant just says to try to find one of the crashed ships and then, I assume, use something from it in the spaceport computer in Arnika.
Gastr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 11:35 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

y'know, i play the umpani and trang off of each other. and i got my directions straight from the umpani first.

i beleive that zant will tell you also, but you have to do what you do with everyone else, and talk to him alot.

sorry, i can't remember exactly what it was that got him to mention it. i know it was something he said, and i just double clicked it back at him and he started talking. in fact, i found double clicking to be much better than typing it in. sometimes i barely finish d/clicking and the person starts spilling the beans everywhere.

V***V
Old 01-20-2002, 02:36 AM   #6
ObverseReaction
Dungeon Master

If you put the "shiny ball" back in the device, it lists off the ships that have been in orbit around the planet... As well as the ones that have landed, badly or otherwise. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm pretty sure it lists the locations of them.

Also, I believe someone in Arnika, think it was Braffit, mentions something about the other ship crashing. Probably why he's happy to get the Helazoid thingy.

O.R.
ObverseReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:49 AM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you talk to Z`Ant hi tell you to get the fl. Recorder from the crached ships in Bayjin it is writen in your "Notebook" all your quest thing are written in this book!! [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 02:54 AM   #8
Fantasm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't remember anybody mentioning it either, however I had a feeling the crashed ship was in Bayjin, because of the ship wreckage that was all over the beach in the swamp. I remembered seeing that when I was first exploring the swamp, and thinking that another ship must have crashed. When Z'Ant mentioned to me that other ships that had been shot down by the Dark Savant might have information as to his whereabouts, I put 2 and 2 together: I needed to find a functional black box from another crashed ship (so the damaged black box could be considered a hint that that's what you're looking for). Since I needed to go to Bayjin anyway, I went there hoping to find the crash site, and lo and behold there it was...so I did actually reason out that a crashed ship might be in the area.

On my recent re-start, Burz says something about the ships he's seen lately, and when I asked him about 'ships' he says that he saw two others go down, one just south of the Monastery (the one in Arnika), and one way south of there (the one in Bayjin). So there IS a hint that there are 2 crash sites, albeit very early on.

Also, I don't remember what I asked about to trigger this response, but at one point Vi says that the Helazoids' ship should have reached the planet by now, and that their absence was puzzling. Another vague hint...
Fantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 05:08 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hints that I can think of that exist in the game are :

1) Burzz talks of a ship that crashed into the sea - if you ask him something like other ship he talks about it getting shot down and crashing over in the sea (ie Bayjin way from the monastery)- can't remember too much else of that converstaion at this stage.

2) From exploration you know there is a black box alaysis device at the spaceport - logic would suggest that there is a black box you can read. You would have found an unreadable black box - the likely two assumptions are that you could either repair it, or there is another black box (ie the other ship).

3) When you insert the orbital tracking device you keep getting asked either for a ship name or co-ordinates.

So when I got the quest from Z'ant I figred it was time to look for the other ship (seeing as I couldn''t combine nuthin with the destroyed black box).
Old 01-20-2002, 08:52 PM   #10
Tennessee Ernie Ford
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What Davros said, plus,

Burz mentions the ship crashes: yours, the Arnika ship, and another in the Sea. If you ask him where the sea is he tells you south of Arnika. Anyhow, the only beaches you can find (after the Monastery) are in the Swamp (no ship, just pieces) and Bayjin.

If you happen to go through the game methodocoly, you cannot miss the black box. (You can, however, easily miss the gouda vines, but that's another story.)
<b>Tennessee Ernie Ford</b><p>TEF is the <i>nom de web </i> of the author of RPG guides, such as <br />[url]\"http://members.aol.com/tenernie\" target=\"_blank\">TEF\'s Guide to Enroth</a>. <br />No relationship is intended or claimed to the fantabulous gospel singer of the same name.
Tennessee Ernie Ford is offline   Reply With Quote