Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 11:02 PM   #11
Tara

If I'm playing good I always get keldorn - he is the greatest- and the only one who can use the holy avenger. First you must get the Cult of the Eyeless quest before he will apear in sewers though. Go back up to the temple district and walk the streets- you will run across a group of eyeless missionaries all argueing over some stupid church stuff i never read- lol. Anyhow- after the conversation is over a priest of helm approaches you and asks you to meet him in the temple of helm. Go to the temple and talk to him (just under big statue in there) to get the cult of the eyeless quest. read multiple great tips on this quest- which can be tricky by doing a search here, and then go get Keldorn.

Old 11-14-2000, 12:01 AM   #12
Armisael

Uh, looks like my spiel was interrupted by the topic's title. Nevermind. Stupid board. : P

Old 11-14-2000, 12:35 AM   #13
Armisael

In my experience Anomen's dexterity is far too low to be a useful fighter. He meanders around -1 AC when Jaheira has -8. My group's usually

Me (chaotic neutral fighter)
Korgan (excellent fighter)
Jaheira (backup fighter, iron skins makes her very effective, insect plague)
Yoshimo /Jan (thief/fighter and thief/mage respectively; I take Jan after Yoshi scarpers)
Viconia (excellent cleric)
Edwin (best mage in the game - no PC mage has the potential to be as good as him because of his amulet)

Some of these characters sorely need to be defended, Jaheira especially. I see a lot of people bagging her and singing praise for Anomen, which I just can't understand. I'll make it easy for those of you who think druids are worthless: Insect Plague simply stops mages from casting spells, and you don't need to pierce magic to use it. It goes straight through all magic defenses. And precious little beats a fighter with stoneskin.

Old 11-14-2000, 01:40 AM   #14
Tara

Any dexterity problems can be dealt with by the gloves of dexterity found in the cult of the eyeless- must have item for Keldorn since Dex is critical to Paladins- but I still would say Anomen can walk--far far away-- just because he's annoying.