Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2002, 09:57 AM   #21
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Yorick, why keep bringing this up ? I'm sure most people that visit IW don't even think about the US- Europe issue,
ditto. Yorick, why DO you keep bringing this up? If I look back tho the IWs topics over the last yr or so, I see tons of topics like this, mostly posted by YOU.. I'm not trying to be critical, but you seem to have this "thing" about Anti Americanism... to be perfectly frank, I dont care, I really dont give a damn about what the rest of the world thinks about America, your "beloved" country, or your flag, I'm probably being very offensive, but... in fact, I dont really care about any other country. The people in the countries are a different matter; some or even most of my "friends" on Iws happen to be American, and to be honest, I'm honoured to call them friends, as I said, I'm not having a go at Americans, and I hope none of you take this personally. I realise that most americans see their flag as an icon, a symbol of your country, but... imho you DO seem to go on about it a lot, maybe becoz in the rest of the worlds eyes, you have no culture, again, I'm not trying to be offensive, and probably am, and feel free to correct me. I know what happened on september the 11th was tragic and should never have happened, but WHY do you keep going on about it?! move on, the living must look to the living, yes, the dead should be remembered and mourned, and yes, you should grieve, but... ok, I'll shut up, I get a strong feeling this will probably get me banned, but... How many others here feel that Yorick should give it a rest ? I just kinda feel that the dead are dead, and theres nothing anyone can do; let the dead rest. You just seem to bring it up WAAAY to often Yorick, imo.

On the hate topic, I dislike the goverments of EVERY country, and as I've said, the people are very much different in most cases. As whacks said, "we're one big happy family" here, cant we **try** to keep it that way? Hasnt there been enough arugin already?
[/QUOTE]You have missed the point. There ARE posts with anti-whatever sentiments being posted even now. It is still continuing which is WHY it is being brought up again. Yorick isn't the one doing the posts. Because it is ongoing, it is being addressed.

I am sure if someone were repeatedly saying things about your country, you would be a little sensitive to it by now.
Old 11-01-2002, 10:00 AM   #22
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
You have missed the point. There ARE posts with anti-whatever sentiments being posted even now.
Care to give URL's to some examples? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2002, 10:01 AM   #23
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I believe the ones Yorick is referring to are the ones by neb, Lord Shield and myself in the Saddam has mail thread? I'm not too sure about that, but it's a possibility. For some strange reason LS got it onto the IRA by the end....Hmm.
Grojii, http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...0;t=011901;p=1

[ 11-01-2002, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]
Old 11-01-2002, 10:07 AM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, I think it had more to do with uss's mean-spirited statement in the Halloween thread, for which he received a 30-day suspension. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-01-2002, 10:10 AM   #25
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
I am sure if someone were repeatedly saying things about your country, you would be a little sensitive to it by now.
Actually, no. I really dont care what ppl say about Britian; there are a lot of problems with it. Which I'm not even going to go into. To be honest, as far as I am concerned, racism is the last excuse of the ignorent. Its petty and its stupid, and it reflexs on the ppl who use it. I generally ignore it where I can. Its not one of the nicest sides of human nature. When I say "ignore" I know it shouldnt be ignored, and it should be addressed, but its really not my place to point it out, whether its on IWs, or in real life. But to address your question, loads of ppl moan about Britian, most of them British. You dont have to take it as a personal insult, I'm sure the land itself doesnt care, why should you?
Old 11-01-2002, 10:12 AM   #26
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Uss seems to have been rather mean lately, but I'm saying no more. Nethertheless, I think the Saddam has mail thread was resolved quite well-possibly because it was done very late European time and LS, neb and myselr went to bed
Old 11-01-2002, 10:14 AM   #27
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
loads of ppl moan about Britian, most of them British.
LOLOLOLOL!
I am quite happy to moan about britain, actually, but I'm sort of attached to the place. Mostly cos of the history here, *thinking of stonehenge, the castles, the roman remains etc.*

I still cheer on the opposing team in the world cup to spite our Quality Thugs
Old 11-01-2002, 10:16 AM   #28
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

LOL Kat, hahah. well, I'm not interested in football anyway, but I just hope all the Europian teams loose. [img]tongue.gif[/img] if only in the hopes it may teach them some humility, but... it never seems to *sigh* we can but hope [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2002, 10:20 AM   #29
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
I believe the ones Yorick is referring to are the ones by neb, Lord Shield and myself in the Saddam has mail thread? I'm not too sure about that, but it's a possibility. For some strange reason LS got it onto the IRA by the end....Hmm.
Grojii, http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=011901;p =1
Ah yes, I'm reading it now... But if this thread was the the direct cause of this thread: I think it's a bit too easy if you only point out the "anti-America" sentiments in that thread, which were actually rather tame compared to what I've seen elsewhere. There are just as easily things to frown upon on the other side of the debate; several people seem to make a sport out of it to put words into other people's mouths, drawing more or less far-fetched conclusions about things others said, making it all look worse than it actually was.

edit: Thanks, Saz, I was already wondering after reading only the above thread... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-01-2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 11-01-2002, 10:20 AM   #30
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I was fulfilling me role as a Diablo II channel stalker (means I sit in the chat channel for ages) when england lost to Brazil.
I haven't seen such a load of anti-Brazilian sh!t since Brazil last won.
I am getting seriously fed up of football. if their teams win, the thugs go wild and trash the place in celebration. if their teams lose, they go wild and trash the place in disgust.
WTF is the point?