Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-01-2000, 12:13 AM   #1
Philip

I also had a situation where a couple of toads were blocking my way, but I didn't really need to get past them, so it wasn't an issue. I've seen this happen in other games as well. I really don't see why friendly NPCs should block you at all.

Old 10-01-2000, 10:18 AM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Anyone have any trouble getting stuck in the toad village? I was journeying around there and first noticed how much the toads get in the way, even after you befriend their tribe. At one point I was in the back of a toad cave and a toad followed me in and he got stuck. I tried everything, from placing objects in front of him and trying to jump over his head, but nothing worked. Trying to shuve them out of the way like normal didn't do a thing either, it was as if they got stuck somehow.

I think this is some kind of a bug in the game, for both toads on the screen with me were trying to walk like hell, but they stayed in one place. After an hour of cursing and realizing I didnt have a save too recently, I found a way out since the toad was blocking the very narrow cave we were in. I really like Wizards and Warriors, but this was just a PITA!

As long as a toad (and any other NPC presumeably) does not scream out when you attack them, you can actually kill one and the other toads wont know. He was the only one on the screen and I just hit him with two fast zap bolts, and he was dead. I did feel kind of bad (for a minute or so), but there was no other option.

Also for anyone else going there, try to be at least level 5-6 before trying to do the Toad Shamans quest. I was only level 3 and I completed the quest with only my Pixie Wizard left. I don't want to go into details to spoil it for anyone. Oddly enough, the little pixie is one of my best fighters, doesnt do a lot of damage, but he hardly ever misses.

Any one else have problems here?

Scronan
Old 10-01-2000, 06:12 PM   #3
jklame

I currently can't seem to find a way
to get to the shaman without killing
a villager and a guard which are
blocking the only apparent path to him.

I go down the ladder where ukbu (sp?) is
and veer to the right at the first
intersection. Then there's a small
water area. The guard and villager are
standing in the water and won't move.

Does this mean I need to start over?

John

Old 10-02-2000, 08:52 AM   #4
Vermithrax

I had the same prob. I just kept walking into the villager, shoving him, until he decided to move. Maybe I just got lucky.

V.

Old 10-02-2000, 05:21 PM   #5
Sandy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had a little trouble with this also, but was always able to sidestep the toads by pressing up against the wall. I'm having a different problem; how the hell do you climb a ladder?! I've tried right-clicking, left-clicking, clicking and holding, Using, positioning myself right in front of the ladder and walking forward... Ack!!
Old 10-02-2000, 06:23 PM   #6
Skar
Welcomed New User

@sandy: u ve to stand on the right side! (and than just move forward)...
u ve to face in the direction of the tunnel...
Old 10-07-2000, 06:49 PM   #7
BlackFiend

This is a very glaring bug. It makes me worry how bad the rest of the game is.

You CAN push the frogs... but if you push them into one particular spot, they get stuck. Permanently. Whatever you do, DON'T save the game after a frog gets stuck. You probably can't do the quest after that unless you revert the game.

I've seen some other very goofy bugs, so I'm not surprised stuff like this happens.

Old 10-07-2000, 07:53 PM   #8
warmonger3

Try this, when you are blocked by A Toad, open talk, and say "Goodbye".

Old 10-07-2000, 07:54 PM   #9
warmonger3

Try this, when you are blocked by A Toad, open talk, and say "Goodbye".

Old 10-10-2000, 08:03 PM   #10
Nimishim

Actually, you can kill any toad villager that gets stuck using elemental blast from a distance without the guards being called or negative consequences. Shinwiki will also talk to you as if you didn't do anything wrong if you kill them from a distance using elemental blast. I had to do it to get past a stuck toad that wouldn't move even when saying goodbye to them. I did have a problem with a crate that had somehow been moved into a spot that I couldn't move it but thankfully I had a previous save to restore. Don't know if there is a way around that.