Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-29-2000, 09:31 PM   #1
mack attack

Hello all I am doing the Druid Quest and I was woundering does Jaheira need to be 14 level to challenge the lady(falrun I am sure I spelled that wrong) or is that only if I am playing a Druid and want to challenge for the grove. Just woundering before I waste a whole bunch of time doing this. thanks people for any help.

Old 12-29-2000, 09:43 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi mack attack,
No Jaheira doesn't have to be level 14 to fight the druid leader, and I used Jaherira to defeat her instead of Cernd. In my opinion he was too weak and Jaheira much more capable.
Yes you have to be level 14 if you play as a Druid and want to challenge for leadership of the grove.
Old 12-29-2000, 10:07 PM   #3
mack attack

Thank you The Relic. Well I guess I better go and try to do her in. Also did you fight with hands only and spells.

P.S Thanks for getting back so fast I did not finish Vacuming the house before you replied. Better go and finish upstairs. Wife calling me hehehehe.

Old 12-30-2000, 08:54 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I beat Faldorn with Cernd.
When your main character is lvl 14 you can 'own' the druid grove, but an NPC can't.
Old 12-30-2000, 09:05 AM   #5
Moiraine
Anubis

I beat Faldorn twice with Jaheira by summoning monsters and shapechanging to a bear.
Old 12-30-2000, 08:47 PM   #6
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Yes, you fight bare handed.
Heh, I had Jaheira summon a fairee while Faldorn was buffing herself up. The fairee hit Faldorn with hold monster of all things and Faldorn was held. I had Jaheira summon Monsters 2 or 3 can't remember which, and got 2 winter wolves. They blasted Faldorn with their nasty breath bombs and the Fairee kept hitting Faldorn with hold monster. The winter wolves killed her while held and Jaheira never took a single point of damage.
I truly loved it.. I did.
Old 12-30-2000, 09:24 PM   #7
G.W.

Cernd does quite well, thank you. Insect swarm forces her to melee, werewolf form does the rest. Did not break a sweat.

Old 12-30-2000, 09:33 PM   #8
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hiya G.W.,
I'm glad to hear that Cernd does a good job. I just wasn't sure and used Jaheira.
Insect swarm is invaluable dealing with spellcasters too, score some more points for Cernd.