Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 02:35 PM   #1
Legolas
Jack Burton

After a heated debate, the Baldur's Gate Senate, parliament of the city and advisors to the Grand Dukes, permitted Mr. Baggins to start a project in the area now known as Area 51. The aim was to investigate to what extent kobolds, quite possibly one of the more misunderstood races in the Sword Coast, could be integrated in our society.
The project failed miserably, however, when Mr. Baggins disappeared without a trace. The kobolds and men selected to be part of the project were massacred during an attack on area 51, and those responsible have so far eluded the grasp of the formerly secret Senate Special Department.
Before investigations could be completed and justice meted out to the guilty, we met with another disaster: the old thread reached 300 posts and it is in everyone's interest to stop posting there.
Newcomers will likely not want to plough through all those pages to catch up, so as chairman of the Senate I'll start work on a summary containing the major details of the case. I'd have my secretary do it, but my current one is missing and likely either dead or on holiday.
Now, where were we?

[ 04-15-2003, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Old 04-14-2003, 02:42 PM   #2
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

And who does the esteemed Legolas have for a secretary??? Bertha Jorkins???
Old 04-14-2003, 02:48 PM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Well, to be honest, the chairman has no idea. There've been a number these past years, and I don't look at the names too much. As long as their references are okay... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Of course, the other councillors have no need to know. Hey, is this microphone still on? Doh!
Old 04-14-2003, 03:13 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

*runs from thread* [img]graemlins/shooter18.gif[/img]

[remember, while it is okay to love your kobolds, it is not, however, okay to *love* your kobolds] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

*runs from thread* [img]graemlins/shooter18.gif[/img]

[remember, while it is okay to love your kobolds, it is not, however, okay to *love* your kobolds] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]
If you ask me (you didn't, but hey!), it is not Okay to even *like* kobolds.
Personally, I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 04-14-2003, 04:24 PM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Dragonshadow I should hope you wouldn't be seen dead with one. It wouldn't look good on your resume as a warrior/mage/priest on the Sword Coast. Personally I put my first kill in my trophy room, and the 150+ others are either in storage or have been converted into torch holders around my estate. I've also entered into the project of using their hands for goblet stems. However, they could be useful alive as a beginning warriors training dummy. They fit the role quite well.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 04-14-2003, 04:28 PM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I prefere to turn them into little satues by petrifying them when dead...
I just realized that a whole lot of people are going to be coming at me for
Cruelty to Kobolds now..
Oops

[ 04-14-2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Dragonshadow ]

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 04-14-2003, 04:34 PM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Like who? The Humane society can't come after you, because they aren't animals. And HRS can't come after you because they aren't human. And the Kobold Support Society has no official status on the Sword Coast. If anybody has something against the way I handle kobolds I'll simply take them on a tour of my warehouses until they faint or lose their lunch.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 04-14-2003, 04:54 PM   #9
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

I say that the lack of support for kobolds mandates a Kobold massacre before this Mr. Baggins returns
Old 04-14-2003, 04:58 PM   #10
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

LOVE (Lots of violent emotion)
Closed Thread