Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2003, 07:58 AM   #1
Grungi
Banned User

im in the lower "safe" area with all the priests who profess to like peace & love etc, but when i picked a lock they appear to be somewhat devious as they all proceeded to jump me, then some yuan-ti jumped me whilst fighting so i got a little more suspicious, as i cant find a way out of this level currently without picking more locks, it seems a fight is unavoidable, is that what im meant to do? just slaughter them all?
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 10:48 AM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:38 AM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

succinct [img]tongue.gif[/img]

okay prepare to die you peace loving scum
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 07:53 AM   #4
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Heh. That was a fun level. You should have seen what happened when you have a Paladin in your party. Hee Hee.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:11 PM   #5
kdawg249
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Before you start killing everyone go through the doors and make the first right and open the door on your left, u can get healed before the fight. Then exit the room and go to the right, when u come to the T make another right and then a left and the hall will bend around a room there will be a yuan-ti there, the door will be on the right, there are about 5 people that were captured, release them and you will get more exp. Now the battle begins they will help kill the yuan-ti and everyone else. I hope you understand what I mean, it's hard to explain because it's been a little while since I was in that area and then try to remember. Good Luck.
kdawg249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 12:32 PM   #6
kdawg249
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I played that level last night and I realized I gave some wrong info. First of all there isn't a yuan-ti outside the door, it's a regular member. Second, I thought you got exp. for releasing the captives but I didn't see anything saying I got exp. for releasing them, but they do help you in the battle if you want their help.
kdawg249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:19 PM   #7
Roboghost
Manshoon

Uhh...
You can also kill the prisoners without moral points lost for their goodies. I felt too guilty, so I turned someone invisible and dragged them into some of the areas with monsters one at a time (this can be tricky--they all run for the open door at the same time, so you need to "cut them off at the pass" as it were). I let the bad guys do the killing for me! The drawback being that you can't sleep in peace unless you go up a couple of levels if they are all dead. Note that you have to kill that High Summoner nuisance before you get started with this tactic.
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote