Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2003, 04:50 PM   #1
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

SPOILERS ! Fight's with other Bhaalspawn's especially Improved Abazigal !
And some healthy tactics !

Playing on insane with Tactics (and without THE CLOAK ).
Never using any summon except Insect plague and Creeping Doom.

Aragorn's walk through Watcher's Keep was easy although Demogorgon needed two reloads. Illasera and Gromnir soon went where they belong. Yaga-Shura was a bit more tricky but deadly combination of Harm + Critical Strike convinced him to join them.

Sendai was next and proved also nothing special. (Must try the Oversight Mod soon.)
Aragorn reached godly levels of 40/40. No more HLA's for me.

Then the dragon's family. Draconis was soon dead - GWW + Ironskins + True Sight. Wearing Shadow Dragon Armor + Prot. from Acid scroll used + other protective stuff.

But then the almighty Abazigal and his friends.
I tried at least 10 times before I got this tactic:

Before entering BUFF like hell ! Everything you can imagine and even more.
Don't forget Shield of Archons !

Also True Sight and Potion of Magic Protection - I had 105 % MR then.

Entered and ran across to get attention of the smaller dragons (Wyverns ?).
Each of them attacks with different elemental damage so they are very annoying. They can also use Stoneskin and Invisibility. As soon as True Sight revealed them I used Insect plague to help get rid of Stoneskins. Got three of them swarmed with insects. Had to keep running around because Abazigal would attack with WW when close and Tamah would use his breath or nasty spells like breach or pierce magic or maze (Chaotic Commands saved the day !).

During that runing around I tried to kill one of those smaller dragons. First I tickled them with FOA and as soon as I saw that Stoneskin was gone I switched to Fulcrum. After a "few" circles around that arena all four of them were pushing up daisies. Also finished slow but annoying Salamanders in the mean time. Three hits with Fulcrum and they were history. Righteous Magic helps a bit !

By this time Improved haste ended and I drank Oil of Speed. Had to move fast all the time to avoid Abazigal. He hit me through Ironskin for 44 damage !
Poison I think. He likes to use WW+KAI.

Then I concentrated on Tamah - just kept attacking him with FOA and switching to Fulcrum as soon as Stoneskin was gone. GWW + GWW + Ironskins + GWW + ...

And still running around him to avoid Abazigal. Sounds easy but ...

He hit me hard once with his breath (don't know what damage it deals ?) - for around 46 + 56 damage. Used Rod of Resurrection to heal myself.
Sometimes I saved against that breath and sometimes it looked like I escaped it.

He healed himself too.

Went back attacking him and finnaly he died. I then avoided Abazigal and used Wondrous Recall to get Stoneskins back. (like three times)

Abazigal soon met my Insect friends and GWW's from FOA and Fuclrum.
Then he got really angry and transformed into Dragon form.

He can cast Imprisonment so I had to recast Shield of Archons to save my butt at least twice. No special tactics - I have no breaching or removing spells (except dispel magic - but it could dispel my protections too so I didn't use it) so I just kept attacking him with FOA or Fulcrum, using Ironskins, GWW and following him wherever he went.

And he went DOWN.

Aragorn must now face the Ravager and then Balthazar.

And I wonder how will the Ascension fight look like.

[ 05-14-2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Leslie ]
Old 05-15-2003, 07:15 AM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

Harm, critical strike, rigtheous magic, insect plague, improved haste ...
Are you playing with a party or just an incredibly versatile solo-character ?
Old 05-15-2003, 09:18 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
Sounds like he´s playing a multclass Ranger/Cleric. Don´t know about the Improved Haste though, perhaps it´s from an item.

[ 05-15-2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 05-15-2003, 12:07 PM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Leslie is playing a solo Ranger/Cleric. Harm, Righteous Magic & Insect Plague are all viable R/C spells, CS is from the Warrior Pool and as for Improved Haste, well... Gaxx? Bliding Strike?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:52 PM   #5
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Yes, I'm playing solo Cleric/Ranger who is never using any summons - not from items not from spells. Except insect summoning spells.

Improved haste with loooong duration can be used from Improved Cloak of Protection +2. It is not from Item Upgrade mod but original TOB item.
Cespenar can make it from Cloak of Protection +2, scroll of Improved Haste and scroll of invisibility.

Since it cannot be used with enchanted armor, I take armor off, change cloaks, use Improved haste, put back Cloak of Balduran and armor and enter the room.

Not too cheesy I think. [img]smile.gif[/img]

You can check previous adventure of Aragorn in SOA forum.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:30 PM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

[img]tongue.gif[/img] I got the R/C part .. shees, give my intellect some credit for a change
Newayz, I understand now
Old 05-15-2003, 02:09 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

great story Leslie!CONGRATULATIONS [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:10 PM   #8
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
I got the R/C part .. shees, give my intellect some credit for a change
But that's no fun! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

A latin signature goes a long way, though.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 04:12 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I would like to see your R/C if he will be able to beat Ascension...
Well in any case...best luck to you...

P.S-There is always a reload button
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:44 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Nicely written Leslie! You go and defeat ToB!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote