Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #21
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Mass Effect

Why, my main female characters are the most attractive of course. :p
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #22
dregnus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Mass Effect

What an awesome game:

I ran through the game on Veteran with a Vanguard. Both of my roommates were playing male characters, so I thought I'd try out the female.

Playing a Vanguard can be a rough start, as you'll only have pistols to kill people with throw and warp as powers. Warp, as you'll no doubt learn, is absolutely worthless. I don't recommend throwing any points in that. Throw, and later on lift, will be the bread and butter biotic powers for a Vanguard, along with Barrier to keep yourself alive.

Pretty soon, you'll get the use of shotguns and medium armor, which with barrier will keep you alive and get you close to the action. By the end of the game you're pretty much invulnerable. With the best biotic amp, Throw and Lift are pretty much instant kills, along with Carnage (shoot a rocket from your shotgun) and Adrenaline Burst grants instant use of all your powers again.

Party members for me were Garrus and Wrex, both armed with assault rifles. I was really hoping that Wrex would charge in and melee people like every other Krogan and resistance but, I don't think he ever did that.

What classes did you guys play as? My roommates did a pure soldier and an infiltrator. I'm thinking the sentinel and pure tech classes will probably be the hardest to play (and least fun), while the soldier, biotic, and vanguard the easiest.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #23
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Wrex will do that if you equip the shotgun to him. Now, as I'm still on my first playthrough I don't have the experience you guys do with the game, but I have to say that the Infiltrator (my class) equiped with the sniper rifle, is one of the fastest killers I've ever had in a game. Also, when I unlocked fitness and spectre trainging he became a hitpoint juggernaut as well.

I realize that my ques. in my last post couldn't be more nerdy, but I have to say that Tali'Zorah, even with the helmet on, is pretty damn good looking.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #24
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

First game was a female mixed morality Vanguard at standard, the second one is a female Renegade Soldier at Veteran, and the third will be a game+ at elite with the Soldier. After that I plan to try a Paragon Male tech type with the unlocked rifle or shotgun, probably at veteran.

I haven't unlocked the sniper yet, it's taking a while to get all those kills on my soldier.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #25
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Whoa, how bout that spectre gear huh? Brilliant!

Well, I just beat it. One thing they don't tell you on the back cover is that this is the greatest game ever made. Better than BG2.

Last edited by Balintherlas; 02-06-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: left something out, typo
Balintherlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #26
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Mass Effect

BioWare just announced they will release a downloadable 90 minutes action module on the marketplace.

Details about it in the above link. Sounds interesting to me, look like it will be the equivalent of the main planets missions. It's coming out March 10, which should give me the time to get live gold.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #27
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Said it will be the first of many and that this one will include the batlerians, I think those are the aliens with the four eyes.

I heard about Fox news doing a story about Mass Effect in negative light, but then I found this comic gem, I don't know if it's safe for work it says penis a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixt1eu11LXk
Old 02-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #28
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

There's also a parody of the parody...
Old 02-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #29
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

And a parody of the parody of the parody!!! haha not really.

The sex cut sceen I saw was with my male pc "connecting" with Liara T'Soni. Personally, I thought the sex scene was pretty tame, probably mild enough for some television channels. Hahaha I did think that having sex with an alien in a video game was a little silly, but I stil enjoyed watching it, as I'm sure millions of nerds world wide did. Its probably the closest a lot of gamers have been to having sex.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #30
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well, here's the story behind the "scandal".

A while ago a fanatic religious blog had an article on Mass Effect. They had obviously not played it, or yet just plain out lying, accusing the game of being a rape and sex simulator, (I think they were thinking of those Japanese Hentai games...) where you could do all kind of hardcore sex in different locales. But no one noticed the article. Who but the fanatics read a fanatic blog?

Well some two bit political commentator wannabe picked up the story, took it all for granted, didn't verify his sources, and made a post about how the (SE)X-Box should be the subject of the upcoming presidential debate. His article made the rounds of the gaming websites and webcomics. He was flamed hard, etc. Apparently he liked the attention as he made another inflammatory blog post.

Then, somehow someone at FOX heard about the story, it got passed up the ladder until someone decided they should run it on prime time. They invited an author, a full panel of "experts", no one checked their sources or even looked at the game, and they ran the whole made up story.

The net exploded in anger, EA and Bioware got pissed. The author's amazon entries got flamed hard, etc. The author apologized for her ignorance, but FOX didn't, apparently satisfied about using her as a sacrificial lamb.