Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

Default Re: Mass Effect

Is it coming out on PC...? I'malmost tempted to get a Xbox just to play,
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

So far as Bioware has said, The Mass Effect trilogy will be Xbox exclusive. PC Users get Dragon Age, as far as I know.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Didn't they say Jade Empire would be exclusive? And didn't Microsoft say that Halo would be exclusive? Anytime there's a chance to make more money, it's a good bet that they'll jump on it.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

True. But the question is, are you ready to wait a year or two for the chance? This is going to be trilogy, there's plenty of money left to make without having to milk PC users.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:44 PM   #15
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I read that the combat uses an rpg rules set that just looks like a first person shooter.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:25 PM   #16
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balintherlas View Post
I read that the combat uses an rpg rules set that just looks like a first person shooter.
Yes and no. it's real time and there are no "to hit" rolls, if the animation hit you hit. But damage and resistance is affected by skills and weapons/armors.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Wow, this game is pretty damn good, I thought it was just gonna be another shooter, but its a lot more.
I'm an Infiltrator for the first run, a sniper rifle that doesn't run out of ammo, amazing. The movement reticule, although very life like, is also very annoying. Like its not hard enough to pull off a shot with the sniper rifle anyways, but its not that bad. I noticed that when you move the reticule yourself it doesn't shake.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #18
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

When you have more points into sniper rifle it doesn't look so much like your character is having an epileptic seizure. It also help to equip snipers that have more than one point in accuracy, like some of the sniper lines have.

I've been playing a new game, this time pure warrior. I bought an HDTV for the game yesterday and it make big difference.

Let us know how the game goes for you. Which characters are you using so far? Is your Sheperd male or female? Going Paragon, Renegade or a mix of both?
Old 02-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #19
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I've been switchin my party around alot, I really like the turian, the krogan, and the asari. I'm a man, always am in rpg's I guess. I chose the ruthless option because I figured he would do what needed to be done for the greater good, no matter the cost, but I'm not really a bad guy. I just beat the big plant, the Thorian, then I explored some of the galaxy, and I'm gettin ready to go to Virena or some place like that, plus I stil hav to do Novus or whatever. My char. lvl 25 and he's kickin ass! Great game!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:58 AM   #20
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I'm on planet Noveria now. Quite the secretive lot here, but it looks like I'll be getting into a confrontation with the Matriarch. Also, I guess I failed that sidequest where I'm supposed to distract Vargas long enough to scan his files for that asari. He caught me, which sucks as it was the first quest I failed. Oh, I'm just curious, but being that there is a lot of eye candy in this game, which character do y'all think is the most attractive, be it alien or human, or a.i. or v.i. haha ?