Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Mad

While my leaving the boards, and EfU is a result of my illness, it is not because of my illness that I leave. Er, something like that, anyway. I've been out of work for a couple of months with moderate to severe migraines, and, as some of you know, I've lost the first round with unemployment, even though I have been certified unable to work. I can thank my step father for that, but I won't go into details here. I just didn't want to disappear, without letting everyone know what's going on with me. In spite of my website, I have been unable to procure the funding needed to keep my bill collectors happy, and so I anticipate the 16th being the last time I will be able to connect, assuming I have a home to connect from. I've had a blast over the years, and it's been great to get to know some of you as more than posts on a message board.
I wish you all well, and hope that I can sort this out w/out having to lose anything I've worked so hard to build, but it's bleak. To those that I've run the realms with, both in Undermountain, and out, thanks for the memories. To those that I haven't had a chance to know, farewell. I will miss you all.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Robert it will be a sad day when you leave these boards. I will miss our runs in EfU and build discussions in the EfU Forum.

Hopefully one day you can return.

Best of luck with everything in the future.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Don't worry Rob, you'll work it out. Everything usually works out. We will see you again soon if something happens.

We'll be here, waiting to welcome you back, man. And Misty in Undermountain will still try and get you to 'hire' her services [img]smile.gif[/img] Kobolds will dance upon thy return!

BTW, I know pain as well, as most of you know, I suffer from chronic back and hip pain, and its extremely bad a lot. I have to take pain meds just to stay sane from the pain. And I KNOW migraines are just as bad. I've had a few, some made me throw up and feel like I was going to die. I hope you feel better.

What helps me when I have one is I wet my hair with hot water (not HOT HOT but hot enough) and wet all my hair and dry it just a bit. This sounds odd, but I've told a few friends about this, and they freaked out when it helped them (has something to do with your hair bending back and causing your nerves to get messed up I think.. have no clue) but it works 90% of the time. Worth a shot!

See you soon!!!! You must return, because HUGE things are coming to Ironworks and EFU Very very soon!!!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:40 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

See you Robert -- and be well. Good luck with the headaches. I've enjoyed your posts at Oasis and IWF.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:22 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I wish you well Robert, hope everything turns out for the better in the future.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:40 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Hope to see you again soon, Robert! I'd wis you good luck with the bill collectors, but I already know you'll take care of it.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:33 AM   #7
Zink Whistlefly

Farewell my fellow NWN boardie. Hopefully you'll be back!

Wish you all the best.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:50 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Robert, I know you're working on the bills and getting some income to pay them but be sure and take care of yourself and get those headaches fixed up if you can. [img]smile.gif[/img] Will miss you and EfU needs a bard or two to keep 'em civilized down there, so get back when you can and I will pray all goes well for you until you do!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #9
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Good luck, hope everything works out for you.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good luck, Robert. Best wishes that everything works out for you.