Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2003, 09:13 PM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Here are a few lyrics from my favourite group, The Barmy Army:

Everywhere we go-oh
People want to know-oh
Who are we
Where do we come from
Shall we tell them
Who we are
Where we come from
Let's tell them
We are the army
The BARMY BARMY army
We are the England
The MIGHTY MIGHTY England
Ooh Ahh England!
Ooh Ahh England!

And another of my favourites:

God save YOUR gracious Queen
Long live YOUR noble Queen
God save YOUR Queen

Send her victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over YOU
God save YOUR Queen

Just for you Aussies. Five Zip? I think not!!!!!!

[ 01-05-2003, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-06-2003, 05:44 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

Mmmmm! I see Davros lurking but it looks like the Aussies don't want to play today.

Did I mention 'I love the sound of breaking glass'. That's another one of my favourites!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-06-2003, 05:52 AM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 01-06-2003, 05:54 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

So wonderful to have you back with us ole boy - I thought you must have still been on sabbatical, and wasn't expecting to hear from you until after the conclusion of the cricket season. Glad to have you back with us at last .

It's been a long hot summer - would you like a precis of the season to bring you up to speed with results .

Thanks for those lyrics by the way - the Army added tremendous colour and atmosphere to what has otherwise been a somewhat dismal and dissapointing series in respect to serious contests. Hope your gys have better luck against us when we meet at Upton Park this year [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2003, 05:57 AM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
So wonderful to have you back with us ole boy - I thought you must have still been on sabbatical, and wasn't expecting to hear from you until after the conclusion of the cricket season. Glad to have you back with us at last .

It's been a long hot summer - would you like a precis of the season to bring you up to speed with results .

Thanks for those lyrics by the way - the Army added tremendous colour and atmosphere to what has otherwise been a somewhat dismal and dissapointing series in respect to serious contests. Hope your gys have better luck against us when we meet at Upton Park this year [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'll give you a precis for this year. 1-0 to the Eng-er-land!
Old 01-06-2003, 06:00 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

That can't possibly be a Davis Cup score now can it - isn't that the best of 5? How are Tiny Timmy and Grouchy Greg coming along?
Old 01-06-2003, 06:07 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
That can't possibly be a Davis Cup score now can it - isn't that the best of 5? How are Tiny Timmy and Grouchy Greg coming along?
See how he derails the thread, see how he dissembles and misdirects. See how he squirms!! This must be a bitter pill to take Davros.

I stayed up until 3.15 am this morning to watch us beat the world's second best team!.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:11 AM   #8
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Apparently, the powers to be at lords had decided that, if the Aussies had won the series 5 Zip (Davrosism)that, they would have given the original Ashes urn to the Aussies. Still never mind 'eh. .

NASSR HUSSAINS BARMY ARMY, NASSER HUSSAINS BARMY ARMY,NASSER HUSSAINS BARMY ARMY.

P.s Davros what does ZIP mean ?
Old 01-06-2003, 06:14 AM   #9
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Mmmmm! I see Davros lurking but it looks like the Aussies don't want to play today.

Did I mention 'I love the sound of breaking glass'. That's another one of my favourites!
It said on cricinfo, he played and missed 4 times before he hit that door.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:29 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL - I just read the three posts above :

Lanesra - Zip is another word for blot, nowt, nix, bugger all - in fact if you take the number of gold medals that the mighty countries comprising Great Britain won at the 96 summer Olympics and you subtracted Mr Redgraves efforts - that would be ZIP . In fact if you took all the correct decisions by Umpire Tiffin and subtracted all the incorrect ones - that would be somtehing approaching ZIP as well.

Still, congratulations are in order - in a dead rubber in a long concluded series, without our two best bowlers, and supported by a few shoddy decisions - you guys showed you CAN be real competitive

Played and missed 4 times - what are you on about - he just thought the door was open and it obviously wasn't . Perhaps he had just heard Tony Grieg say that it was OK that the ball was clearly going over the top of the stumps, and that he totally supported the umpire giving him out despite that.

And Donut - 2nd best [img]tongue.gif[/img] - any time the Saffies think they can take us we'll be ready for them [img]smile.gif[/img]