Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
Decurion
The Magister

Ok, instead of making a few different threads (and since one question isn't even worth its own thread) I just decided to put these in one.

Question #1: I heard somewhere that if you go into a house somewhere while carrying a certain jewel (rogue stone?) you get teleported to a place with a bunch of mean ass guys (dragon, beholder, lich, illitid, etc.). Is this in standard SoA and if so where is it? (Wow, I was REALLY vague there wasn't I?)

Question #2: In what part of the game is the most xp given in one chunk, I don't mean a series of quests or something, just the largest chunk of xp that is dished out (by bashing some monster or doing something for someone).

Question #3: I was just idly wondering how you put the little various icons in posts and replies?

Thanks a lot for your help, the first two are really the only ones I really want answered, I just threw in the third one because I was curious and because I couldn't think of as good a line as "answer me these questions three" for only two questions.

Decurion
Decurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 05:54 PM   #2
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILERS!
_
_
_

Quote:
Originally posted by Decurion:
Ok, instead of making a few different threads (and since one question isn't even worth its own thread) I just decided to put these in one.

Question #1: I heard somewhere that if you go into a house somewhere while carrying a certain jewel (rogue stone?) you get teleported to a place with a bunch of mean ass guys (dragon, beholder, lich, illitid, etc.). Is this in standard SoA and if so where is it? (Wow, I was REALLY vague there wasn't I?)
Yep, it's in standard SoA. The door in question is located in the South-Eastern part of the Bridge District.

Quote:
Question #2: In what part of the game is the most xp given in one chunk, I don't mean a series of quests or something, just the largest chunk of xp that is dished out (by bashing some monster or doing something for someone).
I would guess that killing Bodhi in Chapter 6 gives you the most. 91 000 XP for killing her, and about 95 000 Quest XP for staking her and receiving the Lanthorn, all done in the same battle.

Quote:
Question #3: I was just idly wondering how you put the little various icons in posts and replies?
You mean smilies like these [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] ? It only requires a certain symbol combination.

: ) [img]smile.gif[/img]
: D
: (
: P [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Just remove the space between the colon and the other symbol.

[ 01-12-2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 01-12-2003, 05:54 PM   #3
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Bastard. lol.

[ 01-12-2003, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]
Old 01-12-2003, 06:17 PM   #4
Decurion
The Magister

Wooo! Icon Power! : P
Anyway, thanks, but this house, is it the one neb is in? And do I just have to have the rogue stone in my inventory or somehow equipped?
Old 01-12-2003, 06:23 PM   #5
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

No, its not the derilict(sp?) house. Only in inventory.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:33 PM   #6
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

Do you know the kidnapper quest? It's just above that(the door to the right, be careful there both trapped the other is part of the kangnaxx quest) inside you'll find some tough badguys and an elemental lich.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:41 PM   #7
Brennihelvete

Quote:
Originally posted by Decurion:
Wooo! Icon Power! : P
Heh, you forgot to remove the space between the : and the P, it should be like ab Where A=Colon and B=Smiley(eg: ),P,(,D)

[ 01-12-2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Brennihelvete ]
Old 01-12-2003, 09:08 PM   #8
Decurion
The Magister

thanks [img]tongue.gif[/img] there, i think i got it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 09:35 PM   #9
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

be careful going into that house though unless you really know how to deal with mages.

ps. I think most of the dragons are about 160,000 exp for the kill alone aren't they ? (which is less than 90k x 2 i know but hey). also there are several quests where completion will give you like 40k-50k quest exp for EACH party member (which adds up around 200,000 - 300,000 all up for a party of 6). couldn't say for sure though if any are more than the final scene with bodhi
Old 01-12-2003, 09:39 PM   #10
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Yea..Twisted Rune (the rogue stone quest) is probably the toughest non-moded battle in the game. Moded, I would say Improved Bodhi...SPOILER

Bodhi with full vampire powers and Undead Solafein, plus random undead and revenge spiders? Can you say ctrl+y?