Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #41
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: WOW (World Of Warcraft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivetyrant View Post
yeah it can be pretty expensive, but I pay far more for other hobbies so I don't really mind.

Plus everyone get's somewhat bored of WoW eventually (I have been playing for 5 years now) and I needed something to spice it up.

Turns out trying to do the jobs of 5/10 people makes for a suitable challenge

I do cop a fair bit of abuse from the people on my realm, mostly when I pull out all the sparkle ponies or when they attempt to gank me and wonder why they lost when I wtfpwn them. But any smart group of players will have a huge advantage over me playing the same ammount of characters and I welcome the challenge, it just makes it fun!

(I don't PvP by the way, which most people hate multiboxers doing)
Right, I agree, like many people invest large amounts of money into playing their favorite sport or art or w/e. Like I said, it's a bit uncommon but not that different.

I also feel you on spicing things up after five years. I guess for you it's playing this way or not playing at all. I know Blizz are happy you remain.

Yeah, I don't see too many multiboxers in PvP but those that I do see can seem unbeatable. In reality they can have their greatest advantage turned into their greatest disadvantage. For example, most of the time a multiboxer has all chars in the same place at the same time - occupying one spot simotaneously. Aoe's ftw. Once you use that close-quarter handicap against things become easier and I have beaten some in this way. Hardest Mboxer i've fought in PvP was a 4-person lock. I remember that Gnome and his 3 clones would own me relentlessly. You can't dispel the dots fast enough since they're X 4 :-/
Old 06-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #42
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Omg Hive, you must be Blizzard's no.1 fan!

Gees 10 accounts, you can create your own 10 man raid group.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #43
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
you can create your own 10 man raid group.
That's my plan

EDIT: I should add that, that is a serious comment There are at least 5 other multiboxxers I know of who are 5 bosses through ICC10 playing by themselves...

It takes hours and hours of set up and macro's, and you have to have patience of a saint (as well as a LOT of gold) but I think it could be really fun!

Last edited by Hivetyrant; 06-10-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:33 AM   #44
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well that's the ultimate BGization of WoW lol! I wish I could replace some of our raid group with multiboxed accounts ><

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #45
Jorath Calar
Harper

I have been playing for two and a half years now, got 4 lvl 80, the first one, a warrior, took 8 months to get to 70, hit 70 a week before WOTLK came out Last one a druid took 3 weeks to get to 80...

Wow is great when you find good people to play with but can be souldestroying otherwise.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #46
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, we're on LK 25 man now - 12 attempts, best 68%

More pain next week!!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:29 AM   #47
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator