Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 10:41 PM   #1
safyre246
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've read alot of posts on this site about people who like to play evil partys in RPG games. My poll is this : Have you ever made an evil party for either a CRPG or a P&P RPG? What do you think companys should add to games for people who play this way? And last but not least, what are your favorite books,movies, or games that have a focus on evil characters?
[img]graemlins/gore.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gore.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gore.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gore.gif[/img] gore: [img]graemlins/gore.gif[/img]
safyre246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 10:56 PM   #2
safyre246
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yuppers, I've made an evil party for many games including BG1,IWD,Daggerfall, and P&P AD&D. I guess the main reason was to see what I can/can't get away with. Of the vid games, probably Daggerfall is the best that I've played. The reason being that it had evil guilds that you could join, quests just for evil characters. And it was fun to have the good guilds come out and hunt you down [img]smile.gif[/img] . I was the DM for the evil AD&D game. The party had a great time playing evil, as they were sick of playing goody two shoes lol. Personally I think that all RPGs should have alot more content for the evil players. Quests, items, alt. endings, ect.
Heres some stuff that I thought of that deals mainly with evil(or can deal mainly with evil).
1. Natural Born Killers ... naturally [img]smile.gif[/img]
2. Daggerfall
3. Ravenloft: Memoirs of a Vampire
4. Almost any Ann Rice novel
5. Ravenloft: Black Rose Knight
Thats all I can think of at the moment. I'll add more as my memory returns lol. Now that I think about it most of the Ravenloft novels deal mainly with the evil characters.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and in strange aeons even death may die" - H.P. Lovecraft
safyre246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 01:04 PM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Nah i dont know what the deal is, I cant get int evil partys, PnP or CRPGs, they just dont strike me as fun.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:19 PM   #4
catzenpewters
Manshoon

I have way too hyperactive a conscience ever to play an evil party. Tried it, just can't do it.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 04:54 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by safyre246:

2. Daggerfall

Daggerfall was a fun game to be evil in

I used to slaughter whole cities just so the guards would run after me so I could kill them as they sometimes had some really nice items, then I was approached by the Assasin's Guild because I had killed so many that they wanted me to join.

Of course I refused just so I could have some MORE people to kill and plunder! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Daggerfall was a pretty cool game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 06:51 PM   #6
AliCat
Drow Warrior

I also haven't been able to do a totally evil party... but then again, I can't do one that's totally good either (hmmm, something like real life?).
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 08:00 AM   #7
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I tried in BG.....had a 'fallen' paladin and accompanying evil cohorts. But every now and then his wanting-to-do-good side would show thru. I have to admit it was fun, tho, to finally tell a lot of people to buzz off! (never did finish that game. Hmmmmm...)

My rl temperment tends to be chaotic good, and this is the character I usually play, too. I'm just a bad girl wanna-be .
Old 02-21-2002, 09:24 AM   #8
Legolas
Jack Burton

I always try to play wiht an evil party, but I always end up either doing good or having everyone be so hostile I'm attacked wherever I go... Still, it's good fun in the begining.
I played IWD with an evil dwarf fighter, and though didn't get past the prologue alive it was pretty funny to be able to say the 'evil' lines you'd normally never pick.

hat should be added for evil parties are (in BG style) quests, like where every good quest with a reward can also be played the evil way and you still get a reward which is as powerful, NPC's which do not all turn hostile when you fail to pickpocket one of them, guards which are not too powerful to discourage stealing, dialogue where you can be evil and still reach the desired conclusion rather than being turned away, things like that.
And my favourite evil character focussed book, well, I'm working on that one.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:44 AM   #9
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Yep, every time I turned around....getting a reputation lowered is easy. But then he'd invariably do something that, while not particularly good, was good enough to raise it again! Geesh!
Old 02-21-2002, 06:23 PM   #10
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I just cant play evil, I finished BG2 with an evil party once but I often realised that I was doing more good things than bad but I couldn't help it(But then again my favourite class is Paladin)

As for good games for being evil Fallout is probabally the best, The trouble with Baldurs Gate is that is was really designed for good parties, and there wasn't much going for evil parties. But Fallout was designed to be played how the heck you liked.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote