Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-08-2001, 05:08 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I know haer'daerlis is one and hes a pretty shady fellow, most of the rest of the tieflings I meet attack me. whats the deal? and what is a tiefling anyways? I know theyre planewalkers and think theyre all bad, but whats the deal?
Old 11-08-2001, 05:16 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

A Teifling is a 1/2 demon, usable as a PC in the planescape setting, they ahve all kinds of random features such as a tail (Annah from Torment) or wings, claws, oversized ears, etc...
Old 11-08-2001, 05:29 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

no wonder i never trusted that slimy haer'dearlis 1/2 demon is he? I'll give him a 1/2 demon mace right up side his noggin
Old 11-08-2001, 05:31 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Atta boy, take him and the rest of his slimy hybrid race out, with teh exception of Annah (Torment), but she takes damage when she gets all hot and bothered...
Old 11-08-2001, 06:04 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
A Teifling is a 1/2 demon, usable as a PC in the planescape setting, they ahve all kinds of random features such as a tail (Annah from Torment) or wings, claws, oversized ears, etc...

Not quite half-demon. Cambions are half-demon (they have a full-blooded demon as a parent). Iuz of the world of Greyhawk is a cambion - his father is the demon prince Graz'zt. Tieflings are part of the group of beings known as the planetouched. They have the blood of a fiend in their ancestry somewhere, and this manifests itself in some anatomical oddity as Morgeruat described above. People also feel uncomfortable in their presence. They are most often planars (from the planes) but can occasionally be primes (from the Prime Material Plane). Tieflings are usually (but not always) evil.

Their counterparts are called aasimar. Aasimar have the blood of a celestial (a solar, deva or planetar) flowing through their veins. Aasimar are usually (but not always) good.

Other examples of planetouched are the genasi - who are descended from efreet, genies, water or earth elementals.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 11-08-2001, 06:15 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

oops, thanx for the correction, I hate being wrong and not knowing about it.
Old 11-08-2001, 06:22 PM   #7
Ares

just a question Memnoch...where the hell do you find this stuff? (pardon my language...but i wanna know )
Old 11-08-2001, 06:28 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

It can be found in the various monster manuals, or campaign settings, which I imagine his collection probably rivals my own

sorry to answer the question that was meant for you Memnoch

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]

Old 11-08-2001, 07:09 PM   #9
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

thanks for the enlightenment memnoch. I know ive read so much of this stuff and know of so many things in the different realms, but i never heard of a tiefling before this game. Kinda strange if you ask me.
Old 11-09-2001, 03:07 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ares:
just a question Memnoch...where the hell do you find this stuff? (pardon my language...but i wanna know )

That would be giving away a trade secret.