Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2002, 01:43 PM   #1
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

I am starting a new character, a Human Berserker that is lawful good... hes supposed to be a knight. He is going to dual class to thief around level 25 or so (around 4m exp). He will use 2 handed longswords and probably a shortbow (tuigan or gesen)... Then, when I get to ToB, I am going to make use of UAI to allow him to use Human Leather +5 and wield Casomyr... This is 70% magic resistance right off the bat. By also using Gax ring, Amulet of Power and +5% resistance from Lums, thats now 90%. I don't even forsee much dificulty in getting him up to 100% magic resistance. Is this cheesy as I think it is? Should his name be changed to Sir Cheesalot?

I was gonna try a Kensai out, but that was just TOOOOOOO cheesey all together. If the Berserker isn't able to flick demogorgon and destroy him, I'll try out the Kensai/Thief. lol
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:56 PM   #2
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by toriuxik:
I am starting a new character, a Human Berserker that is lawful good... hes supposed to be a knight. He is going to dual class to thief

I suspect that Lawful Good thieves are not going to be allowed. Lawful thieves at all are straining credulity.

-- Nifft, chaotic rogue
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 05:55 PM   #3
Seraph
Quintesson

Thats right. You can't have a lawful thief. The closest you can get to LG is a Neutral-Good thief.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 08:27 PM   #4
Ike YarakZ
Dungeon Master

That is sad to think about, i mean lets consider Robin Hood. he is a Multi-Classed Ranger/Theif who is Lawful Good IMO. So we should have been able to make a LG Theif...
Old 01-24-2002, 08:59 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by toriuxik:
I am starting a new character, a Human Berserker that is lawful good... hes supposed to be a knight. He is going to dual class to thief around level 25 or so (around 4m exp). He will use 2 handed longswords and probably a shortbow (tuigan or gesen)... Then, when I get to ToB, I am going to make use of UAI to allow him to use Human Leather +5 and wield Casomyr... This is 70% magic resistance right off the bat. By also using Gax ring, Amulet of Power and +5% resistance from Lums, thats now 90%. I don't even forsee much dificulty in getting him up to 100% magic resistance. Is this cheesy as I think it is? Should his name be changed to Sir Cheesalot?

Having finished Watcher's Keep and just about to finish Suldanesselar (thus beginning ToB add-on areas) I think the more cheese with which you come up with the better. Spoiler examples below:
A maze full of wild- or dead-magic rooms?
Summoning 4 or 5 glabezru every 3 rounds?
+4 weapons lying around just waiting to be picked up?

The best we can do is suspend disbelief. I think you should try for 100%MR, O Lord of Roquefort, Camembert, Brie, Muenster, Gouda, and Feta. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 07:12 PM   #6
Daniel_M
Elminster

Ultimane Cheese Warrior:

Fighter (any class)/Theif

Two Handed Sword:**
Two Handed Weapon Style:**
Long Bow:*

Carsomyr +5: 50% mr
Human Flesh +5: 20% mr
Ring Of Gaxx x2 (pickpocket Kangaxx): 20% mr
Cloak Of Balduran (From BG1): 25% mr
TOTAL: 125% mr

IS THAT CHEESE OR WHAT?
Old 01-27-2002, 07:35 AM   #7
Jonni Voodoo
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by Ike YarakZ:
That is sad to think about, i mean lets consider Robin Hood. he is a Multi-Classed Ranger/Theif who is Lawful Good IMO. So we should have been able to make a LG Theif...

Not really. Stealing and breaking and entering is against the law, no matter how you justify it, hence Robin Hood and thieves can not be lawful good.
Jonni Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote