Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-12-2001, 04:34 PM   #11
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I encounterd the same bug Wolfgir is mentioning.
"Ok, well I have stumbled up on this problem when using protection against undead, when cast on my main character Bodhi wont die, I weven tried the cheat kill, but still no luck, but when I terminated my protection against undead and all my party stood there wahcking at her it said whoosh, and no more Bodhi." (Yeah, I know I did this quote all strange-like, sorry.)
Batman hadn't mentioned that in the original post, so I wasn't sure if that was a problem. But I just add my support to what Wolfgir said.

Old 03-13-2001, 04:38 AM   #12
Batman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Wolfgir and Father Bronze, I will head off this evening and attempt it w/o protection from undead on my main character and see how I go.

My party is my character (Paladin L16, carried forward from BG1, getting totally bored with him now), Jaheira (useless apart from insects and fire elementals), Keldorn (ultimately superior to Minsc, I thought, with true seeing), Mazzy (best archer in game, now with Bow of Gesen), Imoen (sentimental favourite, Nalia was better), Aerie (too slow through the levels, now in Bodhi's power). I really miss Kivan, Dynaheir and Branwen from BG1. I dumped Jaheira straightaway in BG1 and never looked back.

I've been reading all the comments on Shangalar and the Twisted Rune. I managed that second go with 10 hit points in total lost across my party,with no Protection from Magic, Christ knows how. I still think the hardest encounter anywhere in the BG series is the Gullykin dungeon with all of those multiplying kobolds. I reckon I reloaded 40 times in there.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:49 AM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Did you cast protection from undead on your main char? She won't initiate the required dialogue until this wears off - no matter how much damage you dish out.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-13-2001, 08:51 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Unbelievable. I only saw two replies when I opened this thread, and after I posted noticed the problem solved... oh well alls well that ends well.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-13-2001, 03:22 PM   #15
Batman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Got through Bodhi easily without the protection on undead on my main character. Did need a Chaotic Commands spell though to stop Domination.