Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-27-2006, 12:41 AM   #1
Knightscape
Manshoon

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item...em=5397&page=1
Old 04-27-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Cool, it appears that some classes (Prestige Classes?) are only attainable if you solve some ingame quests.
Quote:
there are like, a bazillon classes to play but it’s worth noting that a few of the classes are attainable ONLY as part of special quests built into the Neverwinter Nights 2 story.
It also appears the bad guys in the game are Githyankis...
Old 04-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
Cool, it appears that some classes (Prestige Classes?) are only attainable if you solve some ingame quests.
So what happens if you want those classes outside the OC?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I imagine there is a way to overcome that outside of the OC, if not, they'll be patching that pretty fast.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

This paragraph busted me up laughing seeing how DDO had no purpose other than to be the first offical D&D Game on line live (big deal) and NWN2 has a real plan that makes you the target and the chase is on as I copied this from the Hexus.com sites review of NWN2 with Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item...em=5397&page=5

During the battle, the source of the Gythyanki’s power, the Sword of Gyth, was shattered causing a massive explosion and sending shards of the sword screaming all over the place. Now it appears that the Gythyanki have come back again, having managed over the years to find all the missing bits of the Sword of Gyth… all the bits except one.
So you’d think that your main quest would be to find the missing shard and stop the Gythyanki, right? Wrong. You see, the missing shard is lodged in you, stuck there when you were but a babe and now it’s part of you… and the Gythyanki know this, so your quest is to evade the Gythyanki and work to gain respect and favour within Neverwinter as you progress along your quest to stop the Gythyanki before they catch you and split you open like a fortune cookie.

I can hardly wait to Play NWN2 and then play the new escape from undermountain that Ziroc is going to build with the construction set! they will blow DDO right out the door.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:13 AM   #6
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

It looks good, but what race are the "dromes"?
Old 04-28-2006, 07:11 AM   #7
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Maybe those would be half drow/half gnomes? They always liked the aspect of genetic splicing in these games. Look at the fey'ri (demonfey), the shur, and everyone's favourite the "half orc/half whatever the heck else you want to through in there." I know for one game I used "human" statistics for a character that was 25% drow, 25% barbarian tribe A (Norse), 25% barbarian tribe B (think jungle living tribes of Africa), 25% wolfen. It was an interesting mix, but I stuck with "human" for his abilities. The rest was roleplayed out.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #8
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

...split you open like a fortune cookie...

^priceless^
Old 04-30-2006, 11:22 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
This paragraph busted me up laughing seeing how DDO had no purpose other than to be the first offical D&D Game on line live (big deal) and NWN2 has a real plan that makes you the target and the chase is on as I copied this from the Hexus.com sites review of NWN2 with Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item...em=5397&page=5

During the battle, the source of the Gythyanki’s power, the Sword of Gyth, was shattered causing a massive explosion and sending shards of the sword screaming all over the place. Now it appears that the Gythyanki have come back again, having managed over the years to find all the missing bits of the Sword of Gyth… all the bits except one.
So you’d think that your main quest would be to find the missing shard and stop the Gythyanki, right? Wrong. You see, the missing shard is lodged in you, stuck there when you were but a babe and now it’s part of you… and the Gythyanki know this, so your quest is to evade the Gythyanki and work to gain respect and favour within Neverwinter as you progress along your quest to stop the Gythyanki before they catch you and split you open like a fortune cookie.

I can hardly wait to Play NWN2 and then play the new escape from undermountain that Ziroc is going to build with the construction set! they will blow DDO right out the door.
So we are the "Green-Gemstone Man" from the DL books .