Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-25-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
Lady*In*Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have the Heartstone Gem thing (the one you get from teh Dragons Eye) and Arundel is dead (mourn mourn sob sob), but he told me to take the gem to an elven fortress and so the map led me to The Severed Hand, which *is* where he said to go. So I'm here...But like i'll climb one set of steps, then another, and end up right where I started...Can anyone give like...step-to-step directions (how ironic and litteral) starting frm the entrance door in order to find this Larrel dude? Any help would be much appreciated! TIA!
Lady*In*Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Wut's a PITA (besides the thing you eat)?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #3
Lady*In*Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A PITA is a pain in th a**...XD
~*Roses are red, violets are blue; God made *me* perfect...What happened to you?*~<br /><br />~*I\'m not God. I\'m not here to solve your pitiful problems. If I *was* God, you wouldn\'t be here right now.*~
Old 03-25-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
Midget Gems

Lady-in-Red, was that you who zoomed passed me on the first level of the 'Hand, you're one fast mover.

To answer your question - well no, it's just too hard to put it into words. You need to go up about four levels, take a rest, then go up to the top of a tower. Some of the stairs are in the centre column, others are elsewhere around the place. There is also an elevator that you need to use to get into one section. I guess you'll just have to stick at it. I think you will be ok once you find the exit from level 2, which is in the centre column.

Good luck
MG
Old 03-25-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
Lady*In*Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, I have gotten to see Larrel but he keeps mumbling about the machine and freeing his people. I thin i need to find pieces for the machine, and I have found two of them, but I can't find anymore! So I'm stuck....
~*Roses are red, violets are blue; God made *me* perfect...What happened to you?*~<br /><br />~*I\'m not God. I\'m not here to solve your pitiful problems. If I *was* God, you wouldn\'t be here right now.*~
Old 03-25-2005, 12:54 PM   #6
NobleNick
Quintesson

Lady*In*Red,

~

~ Severed Hand spoilers below.

~

I lifted the below out of the IWD walkthrough in mikesrpgcenter.com . For more detailed step-by=step instructions, including screen shots for each step, go to the website.

-----------------------------------

-- In order to fix the Astrolabe, you must find four pieces of machinery scattered throughout the Severed Hand:
-- The first piece is on the right side of the bottom level of the Severed Hand. You need to use the lift on the third floor to get to it.
-- A second piece is on the 3rd floor of Solonor Tower.
-- The next piece is on the 2nd floor of Corellon Tower.
-- Defeat all the elf warrior shades in Sheverash tower at Kaylessa's behest. Return to her and defeat her as she requests to get the final piece of machinery.
-- Give all the pieces of machinery to Gelarith at the top of Lebelas Tower and he will fix the Astrolabe.

--------------------------

Hope this helps.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 03-25-2005, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:25 AM   #7
Midget Gems

L-in-R, if you bump into 5 beaten-up Gnomes, as you dash up and down the srairs, them that's me. As for the towers, I never could figure out their names - it's not like there's a big sign over the entrance. Have fun.