Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

-

[ 04-09-2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Last edited by Sigmar; 08-27-2021 at 01:36 AM.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
I tell him that if he really liked her I would step aside and let him pursue her. As long as he really liked her, he then says the same thing to me.
If he really means that then I don't think you have much to worry about. Go for the girl and see if he is a man of his words.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

you did say to mr. red that you like the girl as well right? if you said it to him then he will understand the competition and wont feel really bad about it.

it is better rather than your friend finding out that your courting the same girl behind his back.

its the girl who really chooses in the end anyway.

i think based from your words that mr. red knows about your liking with the girl because he has been asking questions to you about it. he has decided to confront you about it and in the end you guys had the deep conversation.

this may be sounding a little selfish but "if he was your friend, he would still be your friend if you get the girl and vice versa". (as both of you agreed to stand out of the way)

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Would any not so serious opinions be appreciated too ?
Old 04-10-2005, 05:40 AM   #5
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

You said that you thought that Mr Red liked another girl, but then you said that he said that he likes Ms White. Have I misread the story or is that right?

You could get Mr Black to see if Ms White likes you in that way. She already said your a nice guy, things are looking good.

Perhaps because Ms White told Mr Black she definatly doesn't like Mr Red, but she never mentioned you, meaning she is shy and doesn't want Mr Black (and everyone he tells) to know, or she is undecided.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:03 AM   #6
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

1. If you like this girl then you already know you'll be (probably) unhappy if you don't find out what might be.

2. If you try to hook up, things with your friend are likely to sour and you'll be (probably) unhappy.

Answer: Decide who's more important to you, the girl or the guy.

[ 04-10-2005, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Mopery ]
Old 04-10-2005, 06:26 AM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Mopery:
1. If you like this girl then you already know you'll be (probably) unhappy if you don't find out what might be.

2. If you try to hook up, things with your friend are likely to sour and you'll be (probably) unhappy.

Answer: Decide who's more important to you, the girl or the guy.
That's just great...

Jorath-I know he would harbour resentment, I know I would if I were in that position.

Harkoliar-I told him I liked the girl.

Johnny-Go on then.

Ivellis-Mr Red told me prior to Friday night that he was in fact attracted to another girl, whom we found out had a boyfriend already later that night, he then revealed that he has like Ms White for a long period of time too.

I've asked Mr Black to do what you suggested.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:31 AM   #8
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Sure, take advice from the guy with three "I"s in his name. There's no I in team, man.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:34 AM   #9
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Mopery:
quote:
Sure, take advice from the guy with three "I"s in his name. There's no I in team, man. [/QUOTE]Don't take it personally Mopery, but how the hell can I make that decision you suggested? I can't.

Oh, just to clear things up, Mr Black was told not to tell anyone by Ms White. The only reason he told me was because I told him about my dilemna, and since he's one of my closest friends he told me.

In a way it just makes it worse, knowing that Ms White doesn't like Mr Red.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:01 AM   #10
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Don't take it personally Mopery, but how the hell can I make that decision you suggested? I can't.
Of course I wasn't taking it personally. Just being a bit silly.

I guess my advice wasn't terribly practical. Logical, maybe; practical, no.

Anyway, just keep in mind that no matter how tough a situation it might seem, it could always be worse.

I once flew more than 1000km to spend Valentine's with a girl I cared about way too much. We had dinner, she had to work at a library so I went back to her place to wait for her...and she never came home. Turned out she had another guy, but didn't have the guts to tell me. I felt so bad that I didn't eat for days. I had a laugh in the end though, 'cause later she got engaged to a fat, bald guy with a creepy laugh. (no offense to anybody who fits that description, by the way)

Um...not that any of that last bit is going to help you feel better, Sigmar. But it could be worse, you know?