Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-08-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Talk about a piece of junk.
I got an invite by Gas powered Games to be a beta tester for 10 days for the Game Dungeon Siege II, plus a free 10 Day full use account at Gamespy.com and fileplanet.com to be able to download on the no wait servers. The fileplanet and Gamespy part is OK but Dungeon Siege II SUCKS BIG TIME. first you can only have three people on line at one time per game per server with more than a 30 min wait to play then when you finally do get on line some spaz comes up to you before you even aquire your first weapon and kills you, then your sent back to the waiting room.
I sent an 7 page E-mail to Gas Powered Games to scrap the game and start building mouse traps because they sure don't have any Idea how to make a on line PC game.

Don't waist your money on this one gang. What a piece of C--p sorry I waisted three hours down loading the 1,680MB game file.

Game grade

Graphics = (+7)
ease of use = (+3)
game play = (+1)
server access =(-10)
Over all average = (+1)
recomendations = shoot the programers and hang the whole development team. Then hunt down the server operators and stand them against the wall and shoot them and burn the master disks before they get laughed out of the PC Game busness.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Hm... let's hope they improve this part. The original had an extra campaign that was specifically designed for multiplayer. Played it with some of my IW buddy's for quite some time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 01:52 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You know... that's a beta... so of course they won't have many room to play.

About getting killed at the start, you probably just missed something you had to do. Maybe you were supposed to run, like in Lionheart.

I'm sure they'll really appreciate your 7 page flame message, it will really help them understand the problems you saw. Because everyone know people are more receptive when they are getting insulted. This obviously mean that beta testers should flame instead of writing serious reports.

[ 05-09-2005, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 06-20-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
The fileplanet and Gamespy part is OK but Dungeon Siege II SUCKS BIG TIME. first you can only have three people on line at one time per game per server with more than a 30 min wait to play then when you finally do get on line some spaz comes up to you before you even aquire your first weapon and kills you, then your sent back to the waiting room.
What about the game itself?

Quote:
I sent an 7 page E-mail to Gas Powered Games to scrap the game and start building mouse traps because they sure don't have any Idea how to make a on line PC game.
DSII isn't a on-line game by definition - the game is rather oriented towards excelling the first one in areas such as visual effects, world interactivity and character development. The first game was very enjoyable in single player.

Quote:

Over all average = (+1)
Quote:
recomendations = shoot the programers and hang the whole development team. Then hunt down the server operators and stand them against the wall and shoot them and burn the master disks before they get laughed out of the PC Game busness.
[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]

That's right, kill them for making the servers have a small capacity and having PKers among beta-testers.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
Thoran
Galvatron

Oh boy... yet another game suffering from terminal 'X-Box Lag'. Way to take a franchize and stagnate it under 4 year old crappy graphics and processing limitations.

Don't mind me... I'm just grumpy because there hasn't been a decent game released since Half Life 2, sigh.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote