Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-22-2001, 11:55 PM   #1
Gazza
Banned User

I've played through the game three or four times now and i've yet to fight this guy. Who is he and where can I find him.

------------------

Know thy enemy and know thyself and you will never be defeated in a hundred battles.
Old 07-23-2001, 12:47 AM   #2
deathknight
Drow Warrior

He is a lich that resides in the docks. he is in the basement of the building right next to the hotel there. Before you can fight him he makes you run an errand for him however
Old 07-23-2001, 01:37 AM   #3
dragon_lord
Elminster

Heres a map of his location: http://www.wn.com.au/dragonlord/docks_map.htm
Old 07-23-2001, 07:34 AM   #4
Luther
Manshoon

What do you get for killing him anyway? I never tried getting all of his pieces together.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:10 AM   #5
dragon_lord
Elminster

The ring of Gaxx - the best in the game:

Ring of Gaxx
This ring is relatively unadorned, but the vile magic within radiates intense evil. Indeed, its creator, Kangaxx, was no less evil himself, even before millennia of undeath honed his power. It is said that a cadre of Netheril mages fought and imprisoned the demilich once, but being unable to truly destroy him they became liches themselves to stand guard over his remains. The construction of the ring may have led to their enmity, as each of the gem's nine facets was supposedly empowered by sacrifice and death.

STATISTICS

Armor Class: +2 Bonus
Saving Throws: +2 Bonus
Magic Resistance: +10% Bonus
Special Abilities: Immunity to Disease and Poison
Equipped Abilities: Wearer regenerates 1 hit point every 3 seconds
Special Use: Invisibility, once per day
Improved Haste, three time per day
Old 07-23-2001, 09:25 AM   #6
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Spoiler! Spoiler! Spoiler! Spoiler!

Be careful when you finish Kangaxx's tasks. He's going to attack you. And when you kill his weak lich firm, he'll turn into the demilich!!!! This things likes imprisonment. You'll see what I mean. Magic resistance does not help, and you're going to have to dispell his shields to hurt him. He only has 50 hp, and should drop like a sack of potatoes after a sunray of false dawn.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:41 AM   #7
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

***SPOILER***
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Plus he needs 4+ or better weapons to hit him. I think

------------------
Old 07-23-2001, 09:59 AM   #8
Immoral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not sure if I have ever posted this on this forum, if so, I apologize to those who may have already read it. For those who have not, enjoy.

Anorath the Kensai/Mage, on a solo mission to rescue his friend Imoen from the clutches of a madman named Irenicus, sought to help a trapped soul by bringing him the golden torso, legs and arms requested of him, only to find that he had been duped by a very powerful Demi-Lich into reassembling the greatest of evil.
Of course he could not allow this type of evil to exist in the world as it would unbalance the delicate nature of good and evil (True Neutral) so, he told the creature to leave this plane, never to return and he would allow it to live.

Kangaxx only laughed and of course refused! He charged Anorath with a multitude of high level spells. Kangaxx was the first to attack as he had trapped the tomb with his unholy Symbols (Death, Stun and Fear).

Luckily, Anorath had summoned a Skeleton Warrior to stand at his side before speaking to Kangaxx and it was the target of the first attack. Anorath quickly cast a spell that would allow him to see through all the illusions the Liches are so famous for (True Sight), much to the chagrin of Kangaxx as his next move was to duplicate himself to try and outnumber Anorath.

There were several spells swirling around the tomb from both Anorath and Kangaxx: Fireballs exploded, Lightning bolts crashed and even Meteors rained. After an intense battle Anorath was sensing that the battle was soon to be over and he was feeling quite confident, so he cast a spell to make quick work of the foul creature (Improved Haste) and attacked Kangaxx with both his enchanted swords (Celestial Fury and Dak'kon Zerth Blade).

Anorath was quite relieved when he saw the Lich's carcass fall to the ground but, all of a sudden the magical beast rose once again! This time in the unnatural form of a golden skull that floated high in the air!

Anorath's relief was cut short when he realized that he had not killed Kangaxx but, he had released it's evil in it's most unholy form!

Anorath was taunted by Kangaxx as blow after blow that would kill any normal man or beast were deflected with ease. He realized very quickly that his normal weapons were not going to be enough to destroy this foul creature and threw down both his trusty swords that had earned him the reputation as "Hero Of Trademeet" and chose to use the most powerful weapon he possessed.

To the untrained eye it looked like a regular staff but, to those seasoned in the ways of Magical weapons it was was much, much more (Staff Of The Magi +5).

Kangaxx saw this and decided to end this charade quickly by using the most powerful of spells. A spell that would not just kill Anorath but, send him to the center of the Earth for all eternity (Imprisonment).

Luckily Anorath was smart enough and could cast his spells fast enough to avoid this fate that some say would be worse that death itself and protected himself with the greatest of his magicks (Spell Immunity - Abjuration).

Kangaxx was furious! No one had ever been able to aviod such a spell! He seemed not to believe that it was even possible as he kept casting it over and over again.

This gave Anorath the break he was looking for: He used a spell that doubled his physical prowess (Tensor's Transformation) and pummelled Kangaxx into oblivion with only his magical staff.

After the long, hard, grueling battle Anorath was at last victorious. He bent down to where Kangaxx had dropped his ring on the ground when he disintegrated. As he picked it up he could sense a great magick. He sat down and put his aching back up against the tomb and fell into a well deserved deep sleep.

(OK, OK, I know that was a little dramatic but, how would you feel after going one on one with Kangaxx?)

BTW - This was done 11/00, before all the spoilers about Kangaxx surfaced.

-Immoral

Old 07-23-2001, 11:19 AM   #9
fdirs
Dungeon Master

Where can I find Kangaxx's bones?
Old 07-23-2001, 03:36 PM   #10
fdirs
Dungeon Master

Noone is going to help me find this are they?